Micro 4/3 M5 Mk3 how to get to auto focus

New to this camera. Used a manual focus lens the other day, now can't work out how to get back to auto focus.

It's good practise using manual focus with focus peaking, but I might need auto at some stage, and I feel embarrassed that I can't work it out :)

If you set a custom button to MF, if you hold down said custom button while spinning the dial, you can pick from any focus mode available. I set the display button (on the left above on/off) to this, so it acts kinda like an E-M1. The trick is to hold the button and spin a dial at the same time. Just pressing the button cycles between MF and the last AF setting.

That's one of the frustrating things with lens switches, clutches etc.
Been there several times.
The Panasonic and expect Oly 100-400 is often "failing" and I've turned OFF lens stability, auto focus and then I dive into settings before considering the simple!
Slowly learning!

If you set a custom button to MF, if you hold down said custom button while spinning the dial, you can pick from any focus mode available. I set the display button (on the left above on/off) to this, so it acts kinda like an E-M1. The trick is to hold the button and spin a dial at the same time. Just pressing the button cycles between MF and the last AF setting.

I'll have to look at that ....

That's one of the frustrating things with lens switches, clutches etc.
Been there several times.
The Panasonic and expect Oly 100-400 is often "failing" and I've turned OFF lens stability, auto focus and then I dive into settings before considering the simple!
Slowly learning!

Yes - photography certainly keeps the brain active with all the new learning.

It’s a good little camera. If the size and material choices don’t bother you, it’s hard to beat its versatility. Hope OM makes a successor with the new sensor and maybe add HHHR and LiveND and such.

I really like the size - find myself picking it up instead of the M1 Mk2, although that's partly simply cos it's new! Finding my way around the menus and buttons etc gradually :)

Back