Mac Users: Pay what you want

I bought a few days ago, this bundle at StackSocial... I ended up paying about $20, I think, because its a good deal, either way. And $20 doesnt even come close to the real value, especially for the two I mention below.

Pay What You Want: The Award-Winning Mac Bundle | StackSocial

For me, it was worth the $$$ simply because of Drive Genius, and Aurora HDR. Photostitcher was an added bonus. Also pleasing were the duplicates finder and winzip for mac.

You can get the first 10 for only $1 if thats all you want to pay.

Sorry I've taken so long to post... and now it seems this offer expires in under 6 hours from time of my post

Hmm, looks like an old version of AuroraHDR and the upgrade price for the latest version is $79 which is only $10 less than the App Store price. So, if you want the latest version, it's cheaper to buy it from the AppStore... if AuroraHDR is the only thing you're after ;) Still a good deal on bundling.

Also just noticed the version offered here does not support raw files :|

Last edited:
Yes Luminar looks neat. If it's any good and you can use it to host the Nik tools as well as the other MacPhun products I'd be tempted to ditch Lightroom. I find I don't do that much editing in LR anyway - mostly I use Intensity, Tonality, Silver Efex Pro and the two denoise tools.

Me too, Martin. I love the MacPhun tools. I bought LR as a standalone, thinking it would be the best option for using instead of Photos, but once the MacPhun stuff arrived (and a plugin called External Editors which lets you access any of your other tools from inside Photos) I kinda gave up. I would not say that I prefer Photos but its now a lot more flexible than iPhoto was. Apart from that, anything that ends up in photos, also gets saved to an external drive (just in case!) in its original form.

I'm definitely in for Lumina.

Just downloaded Luminar. I've had a quick play with it. It's very much in the same mould as the other MacPhun tools. I suspect it has a lot more options than the likes of Intensity/Tonality, but I don't know at first glance if it will replace Lightroom as it doesn't yet have any kind of library/catalog. However as an editor to go with Photos...I can see that working.

I've paid for it already, but have not downloaded. Its regular price in AU will be $330, so getting it for $69 was a bit of a no-brainer. Must download today.

As for editors to go with Photos is concerned, theres a plugin for Photos which then gives you access to all your editors, including PS/LR and the rest. I have been using that to access Acorn.

I've paid for it already, but have not downloaded. Its regular price in AU will be $330, so getting it for $69 was a bit of a no-brainer. Must download today.

As for editors to go with Photos is concerned, theres a plugin for Photos which then gives you access to all your editors, including PS/LR and the rest. I have been using that to access Acorn.
Yep I have that plugin. Very handy it is too.

Martin, I can see this working very well in concert with Lightroom. There are plugins for Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture and Elements. Lightroom or Aperture could be the Library and passing it to Luminar (or indeed any of the other MacPhun tools) should be a doddle... There's supposed to be a Photos extension but... maybe one needs Sierra and I havent upgraded.

Here's a little playtime with the sample pic. Have not yet used it on any of mine.

screenshot_15.png

Back