Apple MacOS: Lyn App

This may be of interest to some Mac users, especially those of us on older hardware. I bought a licence for the Lyn app a few years ago but never really gave it serious consideration. How foolish of me. Its lightweight, and it does both image management and basic editing. It will also send photos to other apps on your computer and its cheap as chips. I just paid for an upgrade to Lyn 2, and I think its worth a look for those of you inclined to try other software than the usual.

Here’s the link to the website: Lyn

I have Lyn too and never really gave it a chance.
Now that you've reminded me I feel like I've been missing a file manager in my workflow.
I'm going to try Vii.

Thanks!

There's been an update recently, and I've just allowed it to install this morning. On my 2010 MacBook, its really speedy... sadly, not much else is. I've had to let Raw Power go, even though it installs (though not the most recent) its as slow as a wet week. The Skylum stuff is off the menu anyway, but I installed Luminar 3 again and its just too clunky. Even MacOS Photos is too slow for me now, so I'm pretty much restricted to Lyn and Acorn, along with a few additionals, like the older Nik tools and older MacPhun (now Skylum) plugins. Well, they do the job. I should probably start using my 2012 mac Mini again but...

Anyway.. back to Lyn. Speedy loading of thumbnails from anywhere on the network. I'm finding it a lot easier to manage, view and edit photos on external drives accessible via wifi, than I can with other apps. Lyn is now my main manager on my MacBook...and the nice thing is, it can also access whatever goes into Photos.

Back