macro experiments

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
With the better weather upon us up here next to the Gulf Stream, and the proliferation of growing things (both fauna and flora), my intermittent interest in macro gets stoked up again ... so much so that I start hunting eBay for bargain micro-nikkors ... there are none (not bargains, anyway) ... in the meantime, I dug out the old 105/2.8 Auto-Takumar and a set of tubes ... in fact, I just bought some m43 tubes so I can use the Hexanons as well ... five minutes outside the back door produced these ... not the finest examples in the world, but I like them ... all handheld and uncropped, but very lightly toned and sharpened

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

macro experiments by _loupe, on Flickr

View attachment 35527

View attachment 35528

View attachment 35529

E-P2, Asahi Auto-Takumar 105/2.8, f/5.6, 1/250s-1/1000s, ISO200

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
more macro experiments

this time with a 35mm Summicron ... still handheld, and the wind was gusting ... anyway, what's interesting to me is pixel-peeping the dandelion head ... much CA in the Takumar shot, none really detectable in the Sumicron ... big difference in FL of course ... also with the Summicron, the focus distance is almost impossibly close ... but all fun ...

View attachment 35573
more macro speriments by _loupe, on Flickr
1/80s, f/11, ISO800

1/500s, f/16, ISO800

View attachment 35575
1/400s, f/11, ISO800

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
These are shot with the shortest macro tubes and a 35mm Summicron ... handheld, the focus distance is one or two inches, so the lightest breath of wind or bit of sway by the snapper means the point of focus is pot-luck ... still, I like

four yellow by _loupe, on Flickr

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom