Mad March Mono Month

Name
Andy
I have set myself a challenge for the month of March so as from tomorrow (1st March) every image I take regardless of which camera I use will be in Mono/Black & White. I will also be setting the camera to JPG mono setting so no colour version at all to play with. I will try and post a pic a day but i'm not promising that! :D

The reason for this is to keep me interested during the end of the winter and to also hopefully improve some aspects of my photography by going down this route which will be a bit similar to using B&W film....ish

Anyone else can join in but this if for fun and not a set challenge.

Just to kick things off a little early here is one i prepared earlier..

Olympus Stylus 1
Croydon Skyline
12751891085_1f23f2510b_b.jpg

Croydon by andywest1, on Flickr

Nope. I just cannot live in a mono world. Some is good. But, I must have some color! :eek: So, I'll mix some of your "mono", in with my color, to balance my world. It's a great exercise, in "seeing", textures, patterns, etc. And, some photos, just have more impact in B&W. I look forward to seeing, yours and others.

Its the first here today, so I thought I would join Andy in a mono effort. I cheated though, and shot colour (mind you, the day is *so* drear, it may as well have been monochrome.) I had to go in to town for Tom's special treats, so I went a little further to the harbour. Newcastle harbour is multipurpose, for working boats, pleasure boats, kayakers and what have you, and here's a couple of our larger tugs, waiting for something. There was a lot of activity this morning, two ships out, two coming in, and tugs everywhere. Plus a few sailboats and speedboats. Dreadful day to be bothering with the latter.

View attachment 86543
Tugs by kyte50, on Flickr

Thanks for posting Sue. I'm going out tonight with my colleagues from work as It's my last day working full time in London so we are going to a posh Burger restaurant opposite the shop. I'll take my compact (Panasonic LF1) and set it to Dynamic Monochrome and that will be that for the month as will my other cameras.

Not sure if I will last the month but I will give it a try. (y)

Thanks for posting Sue. I'm going out tonight with my colleagues from work as It's my last day working full time in London so we are going to a posh Burger restaurant opposite the shop. I'll take my compact (Panasonic LF1) and set it to Dynamic Monochrome and that will be that for the month as will my other cameras.

Not sure if I will last the month but I will give it a try. (y)

Hows that LF1 going, Andy? I'm still tempted by it as a pocketable zoomer.

I'll join you Andy. I'll shot mono JPEG only too. Sadly I can't join you for a posh burger :-(

Here is today's offering. And forgive me but I am going to back out of the jpeg only. It just feels too alien for a die hard raw shooter.
I was ok for a while, But I started feeling uncomfortable :hiding:

12854819533_f56fa17001_b.jpg

_DSC0186 by sucofni, on Flickr

Back