Fuji Male Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
Although we are not seeing nearly as many birds at our feeders as a few years ago (I was told it might be due to an increase in the number of hawks), we do often see Red-Bellied and Downy woodpeckers. We have not seen the rare pileated woodpeckers since I posted a photo some weeks ago.

This handsome fellow had just snatched a sunflower seed from one of our feeders and perched in the redbud tree across the driveway from our kitchen window. I continue to be very impressed by the 50-230mm lens and the X-T20's sensor.

Question: How do I set my X-T20 to show exposure info in playback mode?
Red-Bellied Woodpecker-1R.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Red-Bellied Wookpecker-1-Crop.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Tim. These shots were hand-held, and not at high shutter speeds. The Fuji OIS system does a good job. I know you're having some physical problems, but if you can carry anything at all, you can carry this lens. Total weight on an X-T1 body is less than two pounds.

Dave thanks for the thoughts about my back but actually people here who have called me out, not in a bad way, are correct. I am more of a back button , slam it on, focus and I am there kind of guy. My landscapes are different. They don't move. I can finesse if I have to but capturing action is my real passion. Birds for some reason move too unpredictably lol. Sports I know. These are very good images.

I get a lot of Flickers and Stellar’s Jays on my feeder here in Central Oregon. In the Fall I get California Jays too. The woodpeckers have been sounding like machine guns on my gutters this Spring.

Back