Film Mamiya 6 MF

Mario: That's a decent price if the camera is in good shape - still, it's a considerable amount of money. But so far, when it comes to film, nothing matches the sublime shooting experience I get with this camera. Admittedly, I like my nifty little Olympus PEN FT almost as well when it comes to shooting - but the Mamiya is miles ahead in terms of IQ.

M.

Matt - The camera's in really good shape and I've been thinking about it ever since I saw it. The shop owner mentioned that the lenses for the 7 are not compatible with the 6, which is a big draw back for me as the 7 has some wide lenses that the 6 doesn't. If I got into MF, it would be mainly for landscape so not having access to those wider lenses for the 7 makes me want to hold out for a used 7.

I see. I use the Mamiya 6 more or less as a general purpose camera - thus, the 75mm suits me just fine. But I see your point. On the other hand, the 50mm for the 6 has an excellent reputation - it's just not ultra-wide. But if landscapes is a prime subject, I'd actually consider the 7, too.

Just a little tip: JapanCameraHunter (Bellamy Hunt - Japan Camera Hunter - Japanese cameras, sales and geekery) got me my 6 for a fair price - and it's in great overall condition. It's a bit strange to get a camera all the way from Japan, but to me, it was worth it considering the outcome. He'll look for the camera/lens combo of your dreams if you ask directly!

M.

Back