Challenge! March Symposium: The Small Sensor Look.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
August 1, 2012. Pentax Optio A40.

IMGP1407.JPG

2013. Nikon 1 V1 with 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6
F5.6, 110mm, ISO1600, 6s

I remember standing on the deck of the ferry and faintly seeing the birds following the ferry.
I remember thinking about how to capture it.
I remember thinking that no camera no matter the sensor size would be able to capture this scene since both the camera and subjects were moving.
I tried anyway.

9572080010_cf612b78b9_b.jpg

Seagulls hunting for fish in the spotlight of the ferry as Hatteras Village sparkles on the horizon.
by John Flores, on Flickr

Brought the Nikon 1 V1 to the 2013 Central Jersey Jazz Festival. It was nice to be able to get these shots from such a small, 2-lens setup.

9818952984_5b911bbd78_b.jpg

2013 Central New Jersey Jazz Festival. Sunday afternoon in Somerville.

9766430193_299c58daee_b.jpg

Christian McBride @ Central Jersey Jazz Festival

9766345785_84e4c3042a_b.jpg

Marcus Strickland @ Central Jersey Jazz Festival

9766137461_3610bcda4f_b.jpg

Donald Harrison @ Central Jersey Jazz Festival

Some good highlight control on this last one - still decent detail and contours in Harrison's jacket.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
July 1, 2013, Pentax Q + 06 lens. I was sitting on the deck of our vacation rental cottage, eating roasted peanuts and tossing the shells in the yard, when I heard the soft scrabbling of claws. I glanced up to see a squirrel peeking up over the edge of the deck at the corner of the cottage. I watched in amusement as it cautiously crept down the deck, up on the railings, and over to a picnic table a few feet away, where it sat eying me hopefully. I tossed it a peanut, which it greedily grabbed and carried to the nearest tree branch. Little did I realize that I had just triggered The Great Squirrel Invasion of 2013. Within seconds, squirrels began converging on the cottage from all directions - down from the surrounding trees, out of the woods, and from nearby cottages. I also learned that day that squirrels growl and hiss at each other just like cats.

IMGP1347.JPG

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom