Challenge! March Symposium: The Small Sensor Look.

Finally took the Q7 and wide angle zoom for a hardy breakfast and a walk this weekend.

IMGP1195.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There was very little color in the world.

IMGP1182.jpg

Here’s another old one taken with the Sony HX20V. I think this was one of those multiple-shots-combined things. It was the view from the villa we rented in 2012. Skopelos was a wonderful island, in fact it’s one of those places I could never revisit in case it was worse than my memories.
4CBE5EBF-03E8-4E96-93C7-78DA9A1ADF27.jpeg

There are some days, you go for a walk, and you see all kinds of dogs.
And other days, when you never spot a single solitary pooch.
I'm not a 'dog person', per se, but on my morning stroll, I encountered two canines who seemed to be staring at me in ways that were hard to ignore.

The first made a point of letting me know he would never relinquish the-mother-of-all-tasty-bones which he must have happened upon---

Q7_Mar8_21_dog-with-bone.jpg

The second caught my eye as I was passing, forcing me to stop and come back for a closer gander---

Q7_Mar8_21_dog_window_decal.jpg

Arf.... arf!

Last edited:
P1010124.JPG

Theatinerkirche, Munich. I was impressed with how the small sensor in my LX3 coped with the dark interior. While it could not quite cope with the bright sunlight coming in through the two windows I was able to minimize most of the glare and glow around them.

More fun with the Ricoh GX100. 2007. On my brother's awesome Honda GB500, a 1990s bike designed to look like a bike from the 1960s, and motivated by a 500cc thumper single that made all of the write vibrations to make the rider feel cool but wreaked havoc on getting clear shots.

1272449950_467cb0da03_b.jpg

motion
by John Flores, on Flickr

I often shot with the wide angle adapter, and here I'm experimenting with slow shutter speeds to get the background to blur. F2.5, 1/6s.

The GB500 had so much character and charm. Sadly, a woman turned left in front of me later that year and I crashed into her front fender and flew over the hood of her car. My right boot clipped the handlebars as I started my flight, breaking my 2nd and 3rd metatarsal. I landed flat on my back and was knocked unconscious when my helmet hit the pavement. I lived to walk, ride, run, and photograph again, but sadly the rare motorcycle was totalled.

Three from today, with the S95 I found in a drawer on Sunday:
Light and shadow.jpg
Ice.jpg
The fall.jpg

Its what I have left from my fathers Canon system, and what he used not bothering to schlep the 50D and heavy bag around. Took some time to investigate it and may see if there is a S120 around to be had second hand for touch screen and Wifi.

Nothing bad to say about the form factor, this thing is puny, but loaded to the brim with possibilites:
Freshly shorn-3.jpg

I'll take a pause from defending 1 inch sensor in Sony RX100 to sing a praise to another great camera, older and with a smaller sensor, but great lens, great build and great ergonomics.
I really loved that Canon Pro1 - I learned to shoot with it and it gave me my first real "keepers", like this one from vacation in Rovigno, Croatia, in 2008:
PICTOGRAMAX - 2008 - ROVIGNO - DUSK.jpg

Even after I bought Nikon D70, I kept using Canon Pro1 until it sadly died. The ultrasonic motor, a known weak spot of that camera, died on me and lens could not extend and function any more :-(

Three from today, with the S95 I found in a drawer on Sunday:
View attachment 251274View attachment 251275View attachment 251276

Its what I have left from my fathers Canon system, and what he used not bothering to schlep the 50D and heavy bag around. Took some time to investigate it and may see if there is a S120 around to be had second hand for touch screen and Wifi.

Nothing bad to say about the form factor, this thing is puny, but loaded to the brim with possibilites:
View attachment 251277
Now the Samsung wants some love.

The phone? I have tried that as the EDC (every day camera) for the better parts of four years, dont like it much in that role, even though it takes ok pictures. It is handy for documenting stuff, I will give it that. :th_salute:

Back