Challenge! March Symposium: The Small Sensor Look.

6494213F-174D-4EC6-AFF8-64B277089E4B.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
From the c8080wz with a 2/3” sensor. A wonderful experience walking the Hutongs of Beijing in 2008. No doubt the area has since been redeveloped.

The phone? I have tried that as the EDC (every day camera) for the better parts of four years, dont like it much in that role, even though it takes ok pictures. It is handy for documenting stuff, I will give it that. :th_salute:
The iPhone 12 is the first one with a camera I like to use for some real photography.

My preference is for the monochrome version, Barrie - for me, it emphasizes the textures and what I guess some would call the geometrical nature of the tree. The more I look at it, the more I like it. The colour version is nice but, and I have no idea why, it didn't affect me as much as your monochrome.
I admit I’m torn. The purist in me likes the monochrome version but I’d probably hang Martin’s version in my office.

In southern Oregon, though it is officially Spring, the weather has turned cold and wintrous in the last few days. There was heavy snowfall in the local mountains, and everything is foggy, grey, and sort of socked-in. Out behind the house, there is a pile of wood stumps and ends that need to be chainsawed into submission, in order to fit into the wood-burning stove, but I keep putting it off---

Q7_Mar9_21_wood_pile.jpg

Inside the adjacent small woodshed (which itself is a converted chicken coop that belong to the previous owner, a farmer), the remaining wood has developed one or two interesting small fungal growths---

Q7_Mar9_21_wood_shed#1.jpg

There's probably enough wood to last for the next month or so...by which time Spring will have come forth in all her warmth once more---

Q7_Mar9_21_wood_shed#2.jpg

The little Q7, with its diminutive prime lens, keeps growing on me. It's so easy to slip into even the slimmest of pockets.

Another shot with the Ricoh GX100. 2008, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Michigan.

F2.5, 1/13, ISO154

View attachment 251393RoadRUNNER Magazine - Lake Michigan by John Flores, on Flickr

This was likely one out a 100+ intervalometer shots and struck the best combination of technical, compositional, and narrative qualities. Getting all three is the sweet spot, and sometimes it's tougher than expected.
This makes me feel dizzy!

Forlorn spring, after a marvelous three weeks of early onset spring following a bout of -20ish dgrs for several weeks, the weatherman now talks about a foot of fresh snow in 24 hours. Our tiny vegetable garden does not appreciate it...
Forlorn spring.jpg

Fully manual shot, dabbing a bit to get the falling snow to pop.

Another shot with the Ricoh GX100. 2008, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Michigan.

F2.5, 1/13, ISO154

View attachment 251393RoadRUNNER Magazine - Lake Michigan by John Flores, on Flickr

This was likely one out a 100+ intervalometer shots and struck the best combination of technical, compositional, and narrative qualities. Getting all three is the sweet spot, and sometimes it's tougher than expected.

Damn, John... this is such a cool shot. Jaw-droppingly so.
You definitely hit the trifect of sweet spots here.

Back