Challenge! March Symposium: The Small Sensor Look.

Continuing with Canon Pro1 shots, but moving to Brussels in 2009:
PICTOGRAMAX - 2009 - GRAND PLACE.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There is a saying, I forget from where, that behind every picture, there is a story. I've always thought that was true. The story behind this one: nearly 6 months ago (how time flies!) a devastating apocalyptic wildfire burned its way through parts of the small Oregon town where I live, cutting random swaths of fiery destruction through both residential and commercial parts. One business which sadly burned to the ground was our excellent local bicycle shop - which also doubled as a local pub, after obtaining a 'liquor license' to serve a variety of delicious local beers and ales to thirsty cyclists after rides, both inside the store (in pre-pandemic times, if anyone can still remember those) and outside, in a small fresh-air beer garden. There was also a wonderful food-truck of Venezuelan fast food, run by a gifted Swedish emigré, so you could snack along with your lager, your IPA or your stout.

All gone now. Sigh. The founder and owner and chief bicycle mechanic plans to rebuild and reopen but the process of insurance payments and hazardous waste clean-up and new -construction permits is a lengthy and labyrinthine one. But one of the few things he saved - before being obliged to flee before the advancing flames - was his ancient-but-well-preserved large old truck/panel van - which bears the name of his establishment, "Flywheel".

It turns out he lives not too far from my house - and when I saw the Flywheel van parked on the street, it made me feel good, just looking at it. And remembering.

And hoping.

Q7_Flywheel_bicycle_truck(BoldMono).jpg

Taken with the 'Bold Monochrome' setting on my Q7.

One from some bird park:
bird of prey.jpg

It started out as a 640X480, but got a 4x in Topaz Gigapixel, then a round in Sharpen AI and then Denoice. Some artefacting is present in the shadow of its face.

The puny original is either A: a resized copy for some reason or the other, B: the wife had been at the camera and found getting thousands upon thousands of pictures a good idea. It happened a couple of times. If A, the original has probably not lived through a diversity of PC changes since 2007, if B it is what it is.

bird of prey Original size.jpg

Back