Fuji Maternity Photo

dacalac

Veteran
So I'm prepping for a shoot this coming Sunday and I was curious about which lenses I should be bringing along with my XP1. I have the 35mm but wondering if I should pick up either the 60mm or the 14mm to bring as a second lens. The shoot is going to be in an outdoor setting (Homepage - Descanso Gardens Guild) so I'm leaning a bit more towards a wider angle lens to get more of the surrounding area in.

Thoughts and any tips/suggestions for the shoot itself?

I'd actually go the opposite direction and go with a more telephoto lens - perhaps something that gives a 135mm effective focal length or thereabouts (legacy glass will work well here since I'm assuming your model will be fairly still). If you've got the space to work in, the compression that a longer lens gives for portraits is quite nice. I would guess that your 35mm will be wide enough if your outside and therefore can step back to frame the shot the way you want it.

I actually found a Voigtlander 75mm f1.8 for sale near me that may do just nicely. =) Thanks for the input. I'll have that for the tight shots and use the 35mm for the wider stuff.

I know... It just didn't match my subject expectations from the title...!

Sent from another Galaxy

lol yeah I hit something and it submitted my thread before I had a proper chance to finish my post and edit the title! >.<

oh and funny story...it turns out the Voigtlander lens I was looking at online is owned by my buddy. SCORE!

Back