May Prompts Challenge begins

I'm not sure "chiaroscuro" will ever grab me!

Since this was my suggested prompt, I will try to clarify what I understand by "chiaroscuro".

First, a dictionary definition:

"The use of deep variations in and subtle gradations of light and shade, especially to enhance the delineation of character and for general dramatic effect: Rembrandt is a master of chiaroscuro."

Second, a couple of examples:

5417861701_de1e77233d_z.jpg

Chiaroscuro by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

5418467374_05e8e84425_z.jpg

Guitarra by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Antonio

Where is every one. Its been real quite here lately. I've been knocking out the easy ones. 9 down, and a bunch to go. Maybe I'll be back later with one or two "also ran", but did not win.
By the way, I "view" every entry in the gallery (so far), but very few comments. Maybe I come back later and do some more. Some very impressive work here. Compels me to try harder.

Nice work, Steve.

I am slacking here, but the weather hasn't helped much either. Overcast and thunderstorms today, but I am going to head out and knock of a few.

I think everyone is out shooting Steve. I've been trying, as easy as the subjects are, getting good photos as well.. let's just say I am tossing out a lot.

The weather has not been conducive here either ... plus it is proving very hard for me to manage any creative interpretation of the prompts ... there's been a "food festival" in town today, and I have nailed some prompts but frankly the quality of the photographs is pretty dismal ...

Antonio....your 2 examples tell me more about chiaroscuro than an entire art appreciation course.

I may be a bit more invisible for awhile as I try to shoot some prompts on film.

Keep up the great work so far everyone.

I spent last week travelling for work, so didn't really get started until today, but I'm off the mark now and have posted my first few shots.

Some of these prompts are really making me think!

Tons of cool images in there already!

I did finally upload a couple, the easy ones for me ("entropy" and "time has passed"... pretty much all I ever shoot :)). I have a couple others, I think, covered, but now need to buckle down on the prompts a bit more outside of my comfort zone.

First images uploaded, and to stay true to SeriousCompacts: even a cell phone picture :). So far there mostly is a limited subject matter due to a heavy work load, but the end of May should be better. And I'm working on some shots where the prompts might get me creative. I'm starting to like it...

Well, I've reached the 1/3 done mark 2 days before 1/3 of the month is over. But I feel like the prompts are getting harder, so I'm glad I have a bit of a lead. The gallery is looking good. Glad to see a few more are getting some shots up. Keep plugging away.

Come on Sue, the month is young. Plenty of time to hop back on....even if you don't do them all. I've knocked out 13 of them in around 7 days and I have a few others I may use, but am hoping to improve upon. So it can be done if you set your mind to it.....but there's no pressure.

Back