May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 20-31

I have a few waiting to go up, had a brilliant hour at sunset tonight driving about trying to get the sunset pics I wanted. Got a few good ones out of it. To be honest it was a total adrenaline rush chasing these pics - I've been thinking about one for ages, where I could take it from, what I would need to do etc. I had to abandon the car where you cannot stop, duck under barriers and climb walls, generally rake about like a proper reprobate. It was brilliant!

As for the list.... plenty to go. Work has allowed little space for anything else. Hitting the hills this weekend for a bit of meditation 3000ft up then a cold water dunk at the bottom. Glencoe looks likely. Not sure I'll find much chiarascuro there.

Karen, if you can bag 37 before we're done....wow. And Heather, I'd love to watch a video of your escapades.....sounds epic. I'll be thinking of guys while I'm packing up records all weekend for to ship overseas.

Karen it is speed shooting time. If I were you, that is providing you have time, just try to get the shots. Who cares how artful they are, just try to pull them off. That's what I would do.

I still have a couple ideas to better what I've done, just not sure I can get to it. Definitely a good exercise and I dug out some cameras today to play with next month. And.. still need pinhole for pinhole day. Dug those out too.

I don't want to offend anyone but this is a lot better, a lot more fun and a lot more productive than reading over the latest GAS inducing reviews. It's enjoying what we have.

I don't want to offend anyone but this is a lot better, a lot more fun and a lot more productive than reading over the latest GAS inducing reviews. It's enjoying what we have.

+20!

It has made me appreciate the stuff I have (mind you, GAS never quite goes away) and realise I don't NEED to have that camera or that lens, even though I might want them (and I do).

I have a few waiting to go up, had a brilliant hour at sunset tonight driving about trying to get the sunset pics I wanted. Got a few good ones out of it. To be honest it was a total adrenaline rush chasing these pics - I've been thinking about one for ages, where I could take it from, what I would need to do etc. I had to abandon the car where you cannot stop, duck under barriers and climb walls, generally rake about like a proper reprobate. It was brilliant!

Sounds like you had the kind of fun I am frequently seeking. Its such a pain to have the perfect location for a particular shot, only to find there is nowhere to pull off the road so you can actually get it. Glad you beat the odds :) When do we see the results then?

+20!

It has made me appreciate the stuff I have (mind you, GAS never quite goes away) and realise I don't NEED to have that camera or that lens, even though I might want them (and I do).

It is made less urgent I am finding. No I would not deny myself if I could just run out and get whatever, but on my budget, using what i have makes more sense. There's a difference between saying that is a nice camera setup, and looking at prices day after day to see if you can catch a sale that might persuade you to take the plunge while you juggle being able to pay bills.

It is made less urgent I am finding. No I would not deny myself if I could just run out and get whatever, but on my budget, using what i have makes more sense. There's a difference between saying that is a nice camera setup, and looking at prices day after day to see if you can catch a sale that might persuade you to take the plunge while you juggle being able to pay bills.

I know *exactly* what you are saying. Then there's the issue of replacing whitegoods which are on the brink. There are many things more important than that new camera or lens I really must have. (I just couldnt resist a $54 lens though)

I've been buried with work lately and feeling uninspired to boot. But I had a small window of inspiredness and banged 4 or 5 shots....just need time to process them and add them to the gallery. I might just get them all, but it'll be last minute for sure.

I know *exactly* what you are saying. Then there's the issue of replacing whitegoods which are on the brink. There are many things more important than that new camera or lens I really must have. (I just couldnt resist a $54 lens though)

Psst.. 54$ is acceptable. Out there it's pennies, which are nonexistent LOL.

Well, Sue, you get to see it when I get a little time and headspace to footer with the results. Time is at a premium, I'm working 10 hrs a day in a practice 45 mins away, so by the time I've done work plus commute plus cooking the dinner and doing whatever paperwork is left, I'm struggling for the mental energy to do much beyond watching cartoons. The tower block in the process of demolition was what I set out to take, but then I saw the light and got somewhat carried away. Maybe I'll manage to stick some up for you later on tonight, if I get my application filled out in time.

I've actually got the takings of several outings in need of attention and posting. Including the magical weekend I just had. I'm pretty sure I discovered heaven on earth.

So hopeful I was when starting out... I do have some done, but my "also include a thing" tweak has restricted me a bit, and I see that my plans were sometimes a bit too complex to realize in this limited time.

Still the most restricting thing has been the lack of models. A couple of friends agreed to model for me (even for the one involving sitting on a toilet seat with one's pants down ;)), but those plans have failed for various reasons.

It seems my set will be shorter than I hoped, but it includes a few that I really like myself. What's best is that this challenge has taken me to so many intresting (and "intresting") new places. Conspicuous absence of people... yes, did feel that! :)

I still have a few days to find a Neon sign somewhere, but otherwise I'm done. I liked the prompts since they kept me thinking when I was out there, but somehow this month I didn't manage to participate in the commenting as much as I'd like. I'll haven't had time to really enjoy other people's pictures, and I hope to get that done before mid June. :)

Luke, seeing as how you asked nicely, I present to you..... Heaven on Earth

7290696150_a669b26350_b.jpg
[/url] Glen Etive by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back