May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 20-31

Gets better - the water was the perfect temperature, the rocks were warm, the water was 5ft deep and just made for swimming in, and small brown trout were enjoying the warm conditions. I couldn't have been happier.

going going going ... I have realised that if I don't "complete" all the prompts I'm not going to lose sleep. I might be able to knock out a few of the 15 I have left before the end of the month, but if the point was to make me think of what I'm putting my eye to, then it's a success anyway. There might be a couple on a roll of film I still have in the Bessa come to think of it that won't appear 'til June .

Not shooting today. I fell down in commenting. I decided to start working my way backward. Whee! It is going to take me a while. But it is worth it, as it kinda makes me "look" at the actual picture instead of just the thumbnail. There is a lot more there when you do that. Anyway, I working my way back.

I may have to allow myself an extension. Either that or I'll be up half the night!

I think the challenge helped me get back in a photography frame of mind which has been lacking the last few months, especially since I became ill. So whilst i have LOTS of prompts awaiting cover yet (inclusing my own) I have taken lots of non-related pictures with which am happy. Not a dead loss, eh?

I have a few left - worms eye, addiction, insects, negative space, Summertime by Ella F, simplicity and black - should be OK except Summertime by E F - but I'm busy digging tree stumps up, digging out a ditch, putting a new barn floor in and replacing the fosse septic .......... all with a mini pelle ......... and the sun is beating down - good for sun bathing but not "building work" ............ anyway I need a rest from this "renovation" project which has being going on for nearly two years now - so after this week we are having a break for a few months, (apart from redecorating the "new" Gite - which should take about a week.

(plus I've got to bury the old septic tank somewhere!!!)

I think I'll make it - it's been a busy week or so and I haven't posted in a while, but I did get a few shots while I've been away. Plus a bit of inspiration yesterday, so I'm down to 3!

The last planned shot done today.
And I dropped my idea of having the same "thing" in all my shots - it just took way too much into the way of good ideas.

BTW, by when when are you supposed to upload the pictures?

Done

Unless I missed something, IT'S DONE! :yahoo:

No, they are not all, my best work ever. But when you try to capture idea of someone else, it can put a strain on your creativity. It's been a great month. Now I am planning to work my back through those hundreds of photos and actually LOOK at them, and make comment. As you have no doubt noticed already, my comments don't always follow the normal line of critique. I don't mean in any to criticize, or discourage any one here. Please take my poor effort in the spirit of good fun and appreciation.

To my friends, at S.C. :th_salute:

Congrats fin and Steve. I have a bit of catching up to do in the gallery and I think I may miss a couple, but even if I don't get them all, I've enjoyed the challenge. Keep at it folks....there's still most of a day left (at least on this side of the pond).

I think I have at least viewed all the images (tried to keep up as they were posted), sadly I only commented on a few that really struck me. Like Steve I'm going to go back and try to comment on some more!

Finished! Just in time :)

Really enjoyed the challenge. Lots of interesting stuff from everyone, and it forced me to go out at times when I would have rather stayed on the computer (including tonight), which is great. Also made me shoot subjects I wouldn't have cared to usually, with surprising results. So thank you everyone, and Luke in particular!

Back