May Prompts - So How's it Going? - Days 20-31

Well, it's 10:50BST and there's not much chance of my making any more images in the next 70 minutes. And I'm not going to start working on GMT.
I did stick my head out the door at 10:00 p.m and take a couple of shots but my heart wasn't in it.

SO that leaves ... REM, song, Summertime, Neon, addiction, 10pm, and the good life undone . and simplicity

Now, can Luke please come up with another challenge pronto, otherwise I'll have to do something useful (like get a job or a career or a cardboard box under a bridge or something)

Sorry Paul, but someone else is going to need to do the next challenge. My sole employee just gave me his 2 weeks notice. I'm awash in all sorts of emotions and I'm going to be working an extra 30 hours a week (at a job I've grown to loathe) for the foreseeable future. If I did issue a monthly challenge it would be 30 images of despair....and my submissions would all be self-portraits.

I missed three, Summertime by EF, simplicity and insects

I would really like to thank all those who commented on the images, I looked at everyone but hardly commented as I just did not have time ......... thanks Luke, Bilzmale, Isoterica, Julien plus others for your comments ..... a mammoth task

now I can go back to my (present) addiction

Congratulations everyone. All but 10pm are on Flickr and my ipad. 10pm is still in the camera. I have to copy my images to a pc before I can load them to the SC gallery. i've not had a chance to look through the gallery but I will over the weekend and add my comments.

Congratulations everyone. All but 10pm are on Flickr and my ipad. 10pm is still in the camera. I have to copy my images to a pc before I can load them to the SC gallery. i've not had a chance to look through the gallery but I will over the weekend and add my comments.
Wow, you've done well for a late starter. I could never have got through them if I didnt begin pretty much right away. Well done!!

Yes, thanks for this challenge Luke, I really enjoyed it and it gave me a sense of purpose which had been lacking from my photography lately.

Although I thought I'd finished a few days ago and have just realised I've only posted 36 images. I have to go figure out which one I missed...

Yes, thanks for this challenge Luke, I really enjoyed it and it gave me a sense of purpose which had been lacking from my photography lately.

Although I thought I'd finished a few days ago and have just realised I've only posted 36 images. I have to go figure out which one I missed...

I know it was supposed to be 37, but only 36 were listed. Thats all I did, also :)

the 37th was "signs" and was added after I had already posted the checklist. If anyone WANTS to be a completist, feel free to shoot it on this 32nd day.

But we also consider 36 a complete experience. Sometimes you can squeeze a 37th shot off on a roll of film and sometimes you can't;)

Congratulations to all who finished or almost finished and apologies for not looking and commenting. I gave up half way through owing to computer problems which meant that it took about 5 minutes for each image to load and I'm afraid I ran out of patience.

Phew!
Done! I'm surprised to see that I got as many as 12 worth uploading! On the way I felt I got almost none, but hey, that's a third anyway.
Actually I did get something for about half of the prompts, but the others were just way too boring to share.

Thanks again to Luke for the challenge!
This also gave me quite a few hours of extra physical exercise! :)

Now I'll spend more time checking out the posts that others did!

Oh. Well, I don't think I'll be doing signs then.

Re commenting Steve, me too. You could spend all day taking your shots, processing, uploading, commenting on others and not do another single thing between breakfast and dinner. And the more people doing the challenge, the more difficult it becomes. thats life. Comment on the stuff you like and dont try to do all of them. I started working backwards and trying to comment on everything and failed after only 10 or so.

That was a lot of shooting, a lot to hit the recycle bin and a lot of practice really for me with all the new software. I probably come off as a processing freak but since it was the first time I was using all the new software I was stretching my wings so to speak. Some photos are more like my standard photos and some are more artistically processed, like when I did web site graphics. Now I have a few film cameras, with the film in that I had put aside, that I need to finish off and several more to poke at. I want to narrow down my users and my shelf sitters.

As to comments, I tried to keep current as I was moving along. I commented when I saw something different or outstanding and to encourage others. Probably about 80% and I'm pretty sure I tagged everyone more than once. I'm not keeping tally, hopefully no one is worried about it either. We all worked on this simultaneously but I think the exercise we gained was more of a personal achievement. We all owe ourselves a pat on the back no matter how much we got done.

Back