Fuji Maybe another XT1?

Name
Tim Williams
Thinking about this. I have the Xt3 and will see what the upgrade brings in April but I keep going back to the very clean XT1 files and thinking, wow these look better. The Xt3 does bring better autofocus, but it gets a little noisey if you lean on it.

The X-T1 is clean up to around iso6400. Beyond that, it is not even close to the files from the 24mp sensor. And the X-T1 can not shoot raw files higher than iso6400. The T2/3 can shoot the entire iso range in raw. If you shoot a lot in low light, this is something to consider. Also, you should spend some time with a T1 if you can before fully committing. The control system improvements in the T2/3 make going back to the T1 less appealing once you are used to shooting the newer bodies.

The thing that I most disliked about X-T1 were the buttons with bad tactility. Too flush with the body or something. They improved the buttons somewhere along the path but if you're buying preowned, how to make sure you buy a good body. :S

I have the T3 and the T1. ISO limit was at 3200 . Just an observation from pics of my kids. I won't be selling my T3 anytime soon but there is a difference that appears smoother to me. The T3 is a 26 mp which to my eye has not been sorted out yet. I'm sure improvements are coming, or i may just be going blind lol..

You want great SOOC images? Try the X-M1 if you can. Screw high ISO; I've never needed anything above 800 for 99% of my scenery/landscape pics! How many actually need it?
There are far more people who need clean high iso performance than people who do not need it. Which is why high iso is one of the features manufacturers are constantly working to improve. And review sites, forums, etc. talk about to death.

Yeah I rarely go over 3200 but then I had a D200 I didn't push past 400. The T3 is a far superior camera but I disagree about buttons and controls. The T1 just feels handy. No doubt which is the best machine but the same argument applies in Nikons. the Df and D4's even D3's are low light kings. I was looking at the smoothness of my files. When I walk out the door I still have the T3 in my hand, but hardly ever shoot over 3200.

Wanting it and needing it are very different! Manufacturers appease consumers for their whims & wants much more than what they actually need.
It is very much needed. Consumers, including working professionals have been demanding better high iso performance and dynamic range over more MP since digital cameras had 12mp sensors. People who shoot weddings, sports, concerts, events, astro, and so on, need high iso performance and dynamic range. Just because your photography doesn't need it, does not mean there are not countless others who do need these things. And know why they need it.

Don't mean to stir up a fuss guys, but this topic usually does, I think Xt1 files have a different look to them which pleases my eye. It will never be an action camera as the 3 is, but I have shot it up to 12,600 which cleaned up pretty well. I just don't want to work that hard anymore. As time and upgrades come along the T3 will be the camera I hoped it would be. The AF is already pretty amazing.

It is very much needed. Consumers, including working professionals have been demanding better high iso performance and dynamic range over more MP since digital cameras had 12mp sensors. People who shoot weddings, sports, concerts, events, astro, and so on, need high iso performance and dynamic range. Just because your photography doesn't need it, does not mean there are not countless others who do need these things. And know why they need it.
I'm convinced that the majority (mostly silent) of users simply don't utilize high ISO like the minority of so-called pros. I'd be willing to bet many more images are taken at ISO 200 by "consumers" than any other setting. It's unfortunate that an accurate survey is impossible.
Enjoy your high ISO images. BTW - I mentioned nothing about "more MP". 16 is more than enough!

I'm convinced that the majority (mostly silent) of users simply don't utilize high ISO like the minority of so-called pros. I'd be willing to bet many more images are taken at ISO 200 by "consumers" than any other setting. It's unfortunate that an accurate survey is impossible.
Enjoy your high ISO images. BTW - I mentioned nothing about "more MP". 16 is more than enough!
You've been claiming that people don't know what they're talking about, and that manufacturers cave in to people's wants. I used MP as a perfect example of something people didn't want, but got in place of iso performance and dynamic range. Throwing around phrases like so called pros is derogatory. Do you think there are not thousands upon thousands of people making a living from photography? That those people, and higher end hobbyists do not understand how a camera works, or what areas their cameras need improvements in? Sure, the average person who buys a nice camera thinking that will make their photos better shoots in iso200. When they're outside in bright light. Because they never take their camera off of auto and the camera makes all the decisions for them. Also, I have no doubts that someone who only shoots outside during the day is going to be at the camera's lowest native iso. Which is 100 for some manufacturers. Not everyone shoots Fuji or Nikon.

Thinking about this. I have the Xt3 and will see what the upgrade brings in April but I keep going back to the very clean XT1 files and thinking, wow these look better. The Xt3 does bring better autofocus, but it gets a little noisey if you lean on it.
I've come to realize the more I "step backwards" and use my X-T1 and X-M1, the images just look better than with the X-T20 or X-E3. More vibrant, more real and true to life. No, these "ancient" cameras don't have all the latest hype, or the fastest AF, but they produce better images easier IMHO.

Back