Maybe not another MU-43 Defector :)

I never made a conscious decision to leave mu43, I just gradually found myself here more and more. While shooting m43 mostly, with a Pen-F and the original E-M5, I have a number of other cameras that don't fit there, in particular my much love Leica X 113. I still go to the m43 forum from time to time and have no particular grudge against it, but this place feels more like home.

Yeah, I forgot a have a couple of point-and-shoots and am trying to get better at using my phone too.

I can definitely see this as a place for photography generally, instead of a specific platform. The nice thing about the other, though, is you know everyone and everything is about your ecosystem, though. Anyway, the point may be taken from us, unless the new management there has a sudden change of heart... Too bad.

I definitely wouldn't mind a gift from the Statue of Leica, though :)

Welcome Dion, and benvenuto!
At the risk of complicating your life, one way to put all the gorgeous old Pentax lenses you acquired to use...is to acquire an inexpensive older Pentax DSLR and try them out on it. Pentaxians (among whose fraternity I number myself, occasionally) come in many different varieties, as do older Pentaxes, including a handful of cameras that are more than a dozen years old, with old-school CCD sensors, which have generated a cult-like appreciation among those who still use them, especially for their ways of rendering colors. The newer Pentax bodies are quite fine too, though they tend to be a bit more pricey. You can also get a variety of adapters to use Pentax lenses on mu43 bodies, but somehow they seem to work better on Pentax cameras.
But I digress ;)
Looking forwards to seeing some images from your eclectic camera collection.

Last edited:
Great to see another Northwesterner! Although if you're a Duck, I don't know (I'm a Husky). Perfect suggestion, and well-framed. Yesterday, I bought the K-1 that was on the Buy-Sell section here -- it was a great price, and frankly some of the lenses I have really just scream to be on a full-frame body.

So looking forward to adding that to the eclectic collection :) I'm with you -- the 70-210mm I've used on my Olympus with good results, but most just are quite different on 2x crop...

Back