Me and my Fuji X (self-portraits)

Disaster

Rookie
Oct 21, 2013
Motown

Behind the X-E1 w/18-55 set 1/125 and F8. Playing with a Godox AD360 and single 4x2 lightbox

Jpeg with very minor edits. Taken with white balance on second rectangular light. Is there a WB setting for flash? It came out a bit over-saturated.

migs

Regular
Mar 26, 2013
@disaster - how do you like your godox? if my 120j's ever kick the bucket, that would be a viable replacement.

Disaster

Rookie
Oct 21, 2013
Motown
@disaster - how do you like your godox? if my 120j's ever kick the bucket, that would be a viable replacement.
So far, very much. I started out using Speedlights, but they were way underpowered behind modifiers...especially outdoors. Picked up a Flashpoint 180 kit from Adorama for $200. Really good deal for what you get but no way are they putting out 180W in power...closer to the SB800 and the light is colder. The AD360 puts out a very consistent light with the power of about half a dozen SB800's. In the studio I can run it at 1/8th-1/4th power with nice short recycle times. I'm using a Cheetah branded flash mount kit with a Bowen mount (same mount as Flashpoint and my Square Perfect SP600A studio monolights.) Now I think I'm going to dump the studio lights and just pick up a second AD360.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom