Measures and pixel-peeping

Alf

Top Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Northeastern Tuscany

We leave Pisa early Sunday morning, in the rain, heading south the place of vapour in the hills south of Siena - that is Tuscany proper that you see in documentaries.

We stop in Bagno Vignoni for lunch and then a little walk to take a look around

While rain gets nearer, it's decidedly warm for the season.

Then we reach San Quirico, deep in the val d'Orcia, for an afternoon of oil and wine tasting

And the, the photographer's dream: brick walls everywhere to satisfy the voices of GAS in the head!

Aahhh..

And then, rain.

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
very nice set, looks like a nice little trip! I'm afraid these particular brick walls aren't very useful for pixel peeper-style testing and measuring though! With all due respect for your brick-wall-photographing skills, I like the other photos just a little better :)

Reactions: Alf

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
Alf as always I totally enjoy your presence in your work.
I will say about pixel peeping... I counted no less than 14 bad pixels. Mind you I am not a pro at this but I will send this to my...
"Positively Preferred Professional Pixel Peeper People"....
Thanks again and don't sweat the pixels.....the images speak for themselves....
Don

Landshark

PhotoDog
Jul 15, 2010
SoCal
Bob
Nice work, and I am completely jealous. I have not been back to Tuscany in a couple of years, it is paradise

Xuereb

Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
W. Australia
Rich colours, beautiful compositions. I can just see old Eugene Atget fretting about edge sharpness of his lens or the acceptable speed of his sensor.

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
Alf I doubt they're as good quality white dots as the X10 though ...

I thought the landscape shots - light and tones - were lovely when I saw them first on Flickr, by the way ...

Latest threads

Top Bottom