Meeting Depeche Mode - 1982

Name
Andy
I found some photo's from Monday 25th October 1982 of a Depeche Mode Concert I went to at Hammersmith Odeon in London. We went to the side dressing room entrance after the Gig and met the boys. Dave Gahan zoomed out so we didn't get to meet him as such but the others were great and signed our tickets.

View attachment 74497
Martin Gore _ Depeche Mode by andywest1, on Flickr

View attachment 74498
Andy Fletcher - Depeche Mode by andywest1, on Flickr

View attachment 74499
Alan Wilder - Depeche Mode by andywest1, on Flickr

View attachment 74500
Dave Gahan - Depeche Mode by andywest1, on Flickr

View attachment 74501
Depeche Mode by andywest1, on Flickr

Wow, so cool! I've only been to less than a handful of large gigs, but I've always wished I'd been able to get photos after the show. Great of them to talk and sign your tickets. Do you still have those?

I still have the signed ticket. Sadly Dave Gahan didn't sign it but it would be interesting to see how much it's worth. I know theres a huge Dep Mode scene in the US.

What an experience to catch such a massive band so early on in their careers...:)! I have seen them a few times myself, but only much more recent of course... No chance of a photo opportunity from this close...

1st time I saw them was at a little venue called 'The Venue' at Victoria in London. New Life had just got to number 1 and we managed to get our parents to let us go up to London in a group to watch them play a special afternoon gig. It was bloomin awesome and they had Vince Clarke in the band at the time.

I had hair just like Phil Oakley from the Human League. It was a real pain!! LOL

tumblr_lufn7ihagR1qk7l8co1_500.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_lufn7ihagR1qk7l8co1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lufn7ihagR1qk7l8co1_500.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 252
I am not going tp discuss my choice in clothing or hairstyle in the 80s. That era is proof of the fact that you shouldn't backup all of your images. These, I would have backed up. Again and again. Awesome memories.

That's awesome!!! One of my favorite groups of all time. I attended only one of Depeche Mode's concerts, and it was awesome. It was the Music for the Masses tour.

Thanks guy's. I did manage to get Daniel Millers autograph which 'may' be one of them on the ticket I have. I did meet him and he was a nice guy. Just in case anyone doesn't know who Daniel miller is, he is the founder of Mute Records who Depeche are signed to. Mute have produced some awesome talent over the years.

OMG, I had hair kind of like that in the 80's. Shaved on one side, long fringe on the other, and undercut all around. It wasn't as extreme as that singer, though. Dad used to tell me to, 'get a proper haircut', whereas Mum would say, 'he's just a kid, he can have whatever hairstyle he likes!'

Back