Manual Lens Meike 12mm f/2.8 mk II (Fuji X)

Herbert Hound

Top Veteran
Name
Colin
This Meike 12mm f/2.8 popped up during a random search with £50 off plus a 5% discount voucher... so I picked it up for £98 inc. postage. I probably wouldn't have bought it at full price but it seemed like a bit of fun to help while away the hours until Spring.

It seems suitably solid and well made. The distance scale that's on the lens is way out... I used the zoom function to find the focus for the close focus images, setting it about right then moving the camera slightly back and forth until focussed. For the landscape shots I found that putting it on f8 and setting the distance to 1m got everything from reasonably close to the far horizon in focus. Pixel peeping at 100% shows the trees on the horizon to be easily sharp enough for me.

The first two were at f/2.8, the last two at f/8.

DSCF5066.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF5072.jpg

DSCF5075.jpg

DSCF5079.jpg

I really like the first two @Herbert Hound that lens works well close up. The 7Artisans claims 0.15m for close focusing, I haven’t done a proper test yet but I hope the results are as good as these from the Meike.
Thanks Andy. It seems to be the sort of lens that needs planning and intention to use rather than a walk-about lens. It's hard to avoid getting your own shadow in the pic if the sun's out!

Back