Flash MEIKE MK950 II

lucien

Legend
Hi does anyone have a pdf manual for this flash? I can't find anything on the companies website or butkus. I want to change some parameters. It's firing before I fully press the shutter. Aka it's firing on the focus stage of the 1/2 press and can't cycle in time for the full press. It's for Nikon but that shouldn't matter. I'm trying to use it on a Sony A230. I think it has something to do with (focusing) I need that turned off. My Yn flash works normally with the Sony.

Thanks,

Hi does anyone have a pdf manual for this flash? I can't find anything on the companies website or butkus. I want to change some parameters. It's firing before I fully press the shutter. Aka it's firing on the focus stage of the 1/2 press and can't cycle in time for the full press. It's for Nikon but that shouldn't matter. I'm trying to use it on a Sony A230. I think it has something to do with (focusing) I need that turned off. My Yn flash works normally with the Sony.

Thanks,
Lucien, have you tried turning off any kind of focus assist that might be lurking somewhere in the camera menus?

I don't think so, but I've turned alot of things off, like dynamic range assist. It's a 2009 10.2mp camera. Not fully loaded per say. I'll go through the menu just now. It might be that there isn't something to turn off. But it's something in the flash menu, advance section

Did you mean the focust assist light? I'll try that. I don't think so though. It's more to do with pressing the shutter 1/2 way down in order to focus. The flash has something in the menu to do with the camera focusing but I don't have the menu. Some kind of sync feature that's on by default

Did you mean the focust assist light? I'll try that. I don't think so though. It's more to do with pressing the shutter 1/2 way down in order to focus. The flash has something in the menu to do with the camera focusing but I don't have the menu. Some kind of sync feature that's on by default
That will almost certainly be the culprit, mate. Give it a fly.

Your right John, I gave if a fly and tried it this morning and everything is normal. Turning off the focus assist light makes it a bit harder to focus with low lighting though. I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

According to the Meike store- There is no manual. The MK950 lists that a manual is included with the flash. The MK II- does not list a manual as being included. Maybe there is one, but not translated from Chinese yet?

thanks, I will use this work around for now. The one John suggested. And technically it's a flash bought for Nikon it says so on it. An onboard flash that is more powerful than the one well that's "on board" Come to think of it, the "manual" was some tiny fold out thing which didn't offer much info anyways.

It's ok. The work around works. And it can still be a ttl on board my D7500. It's just that a have a trigger and 2 YN flashes for it now. As long as it's not firing on pre focus anymore it's acceptable. Back up flash.

Back