Ricoh Memory Card format error in Ricoh GR

Darthpnoy88

Regular
Name
Rain
As shown in the picture this error all of a sudden just came up while I was attempting to take a picture I was originally using a San Disk Ultra 32GB/30 MB/S when this came up then I thought maybe I just had a bad batch of San Disk so I switched it to a Ultra one I have 45 MB/S 16GB did the reformat and everything was smooth again then error showed up again. I'm hoping you guys could help me out I'm not sure what to do and I love this camera.

ImageUploadedBySeriousCompacts1376776653.314329.jpg

Do you need to do that? For me it usually go away by itself within a couple of second without turning it off. Feels like the camera is still trying to read the card while the camera is already on, so it thought the card is not formatted. It only happen occasionally when I turn on the camera, so I don't know how to reproduce the error/what provoke it.

Yeah at first I was expecting that my San Disk was the one having problems looks like the only remedy so far is to shut down camera open memory card and insert it back again. I hope Ricoh will provide a firmware update soon.

Do you need to do that? For me it usually go away by itself within a couple of second without turning it off. Feels like the camera is still trying to read the card while the camera is already on, so it thought the card is not formatted. It only happen occasionally when I turn on the camera, so I don't know how to reproduce the error/what provoke it.

It was just a method I did. The error shows up when it has a lag or freeze for like one to two seconds then the error shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

O for me when it happen it is always right after I turn on the camera, never in the middle of shots.

That said if you think it is serious you should send it back or send it to the warranty service. Mine is at CRIS camera for service due to dust specks, I am also asking them to check on the memory card error, I doubt they will be able to find anything though due to its random nature...

Ya, me too. I am missing it when it is away... :(

On the other hand I rediscovered anew how sharp the M module is.

Hoping its just a minor bug that Ricoh can eventually fix via firmware update. I love this camera and would hate to have to send this to Ricoh for issues :(

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Hoping its just a minor bug that Ricoh can eventually fix via firmware update. I love this camera and would hate to have to send this to Ricoh for issues :(
I hear ya.

Without using the words "blades", "x100", or "sticky" this is how things once innocently started for folks in the past ;) Thankfully this **sounds** more like a software glitch.

And that silly F4 program mode Ricoh needs to make adjustments on that one as well.
Well while the petition is being passed around...I'd like better preset limits in exposure modes - e.g., I don't want the camera to go down to 1/40sec in Av mode by default - for me 1/60 at most. A simple task in most other cameras and a level of control I'd like in my back-pocket cam.

This has now started to happen to me too :(. Had my GR since June. Sandisk Extreme 32GB 45mb. Was very persistent earlier today.. only went away after re-seating the card. Just logged a tech web enquiry with Ricoh. Just wondering how others have got on when they've reported this problem??

This is weird, i havent got this problem at all. havent seen this message. Funny I had camera with serial number 00001 here in NZ and had to change it as it came with a spot of dust in the sensor, and the new one is number 00033 and everything is perfect.

by the way, whats the 'F4 program' some of you are talking about?

am i missing something?.

Back