Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Ow....

View attachment 64254
Crushed 1 by Lightmancer, on Flickr

View attachment 64255
Crushed 2 by Lightmancer, on Flickr

Apologies for the crap photos, but I am not happy...

What really upsets me is that this is the camera I used for the Single In January. Now it is banana-shaped with a scratched front lens element and a smashed rear screen. The lens won't retract either. The Accmaxx protective screens front and rear could not save it from a ton of German metal.

If anyone has a GRD III in need of a good home please let me know - I can't be without. :(:(:(

Did it get run over or dropped out of? I hope you get another soon, I feel your pain. Went a couple months without my camera once and at that time I had no others, just my cell phone.

So upsetting!....

OTOH, you could try using it blind, with no chimping possible, as some people say they'd prefer to work.

With all those refractions and light leaks you could give Lomography a run for its money!

It could even be the start of a whole new cottage industry

and I could even visualize recruiting top Formula One drivers to customize just how much of the camera should receive The Treatment....:D

(But I DO hope you get another soon; perhaps even a GRD IV.)

Better days,

Irenaeus

Thank you all for your kind words. The truth of the matter is that I ran over it myself... I only have myself to blame! it had dropped out of my jacket pocket as I got out of the car, and I just didn't notice. A couple of hours later I got back in and neatly reversed over it. Before we pulled away I spotted it on the drive and...

Interestingly, the magnesium bodyshell shows only one small crack, beside the flash. I bought this when the IV came out, because I preferred it. They are still available new, but at asking prices higher than I paid in the first place! This really is my go-everywhere camera, since it is the only one I have that slips in a suit pocket without ruining the line.

I shall make some calls this morning... :rolleyes::(

Sent from another Galaxy

Makes my scratched lens look puny by comparison. My GRD3 has a couple of scratchs dead centre of lens. When shooting contra-jour you can really see it, or it shows as a slight softness at other times.

That's the irony... this is - was - my most "protected" camera, precisely because it was my always-carry . When I find another it will be similarly armoured - even if it did no good this time!

Sent from another Galaxy

Sadly, i have more than one... :rolleyes: Truth be told the only reason it was in my pocket and not on my belt is because I mostly wear it in a belt pouch on the left hand side and my current car is more snug than the old, thus it gets bashed when I shut the door. A pocket seemed safer... :rolleyes:

Back