Ricoh Mercedes 1, Ricoh 0...

Thank you all for your kind words. The truth of the matter is that I ran over it myself... I only have myself to blame! it had dropped out of my jacket pocket as I got out of the car, and I just didn't notice. A couple of hours later I got back in and neatly reversed over it. Before we pulled away I spotted it on the drive and...

Interestingly, the magnesium bodyshell shows only one small crack, beside the flash. I bought this when the IV came out, because I preferred it. They are still available new, but at asking prices higher than I paid in the first place! This really is my go-everywhere camera, since it is the only one I have that slips in a suit pocket without ruining the line.

I shall make some calls this morning... :rolleyes::(

Sent from another Galaxy

I did that with a cellphone once....

Update #1: "Ol' Flatty" is on the way to the UK Ricoh agent, Johnson's Photopia, thence to be tittered over and declared either DOA or repairable for, I hope, a not too exorbitant fee. If it is beyond help, as I suspect, I shall have it returned from a decent burial - or a "for spares" appearance on an auction site...

Update #2: Tonight I pulled the trigger on an 18 month old example that should hopefully reach me early next week. It is as near as dammit Ol' Flatty's twin and has cost me less than the insurance excess on my household policy.

One way or the other... :rolleyes::D

Sent from another Galaxy

Well, the new GRD reached me today, through the snow. It's in good condition, not quite as good as my old one but still perfectly acceptable. Amazingly, the serial numbers are almost identical - only 11 apart...! What are the chances?? Memo to self - buy lottery ticket this weekend! :D

Back