Messing with Macros on LX7

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
I'm about the least macro-inclined shooter I've ever heard of. But I always enjoyed playing with the macro function on the LX5 and I got into playing around with it the other day on the LX7 as well. Just killing time during some bad holiday weather and sedentary days inside with family...

8314877908_53e4bfb0d4_c.png

The lost art of steel bicycle fork crowns...
View attachment 63634

Bike derailure mount:
View attachment 63635

Ye old iPhone earbud - so close you can see the scuz and dust on it:
View attachment 63636

The other end of the cord:
View attachment 63637

Oly body cap - see, its not THAT small...
View attachment 63638

-Ray

OK,there are two issues here.First,your ability to create a fine photograph out of nothing and second,the great macro function of the LX7.
I,too am killing time,not because of bad weather.Just waiting to go to yet another Holiday get together.I'm a bit of a Scrooge who is glad Christmas comes but once a year.Btw,the earbud is my favorite.

Nice ones Ray! I finally handled a LX7 at the local shop, and I must admit I rather liked it! I wanted to compare it with a G15, but alas, they were out of it.

That is some awesome macro photography. I didn't realise there was an LX7 out already, I still have the LX5.

It's been around since August or September. Evidently not selling that well because its already being heavily discounted in the US. Started at $499 and is often (though not always) found for $275-299 these days. A real steal for that price. A bit of an improvement over the LX5 in a number of areas, but not a huge difference in any one area.

-Ray

I'm pretty sure cameras like the X10 have had something to do with that.

Either way, I really like the improvement in the f/stop of the lens. And obviously the images above are proof of the great images that are possible with this camera.

I think its mostly the RX100, but the X10 probably has some impact too - although I wasn't under the impression that the X10 was selling all that incredibly, or that Fuji needs it to. Sony obviously goes after huge sales and seems to have hit their mark with the RX100.

And yeah, the lens is faster while retaining its great sharpness, the sensor is a bit better at higher ISO's (but not competitive with either the X10 or RX100), and the handling, while already wonderful, is even better with the aperture ring and additional ND / Focus control.

-Ray

Back