Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

P1040769_rtg.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1270188_g.JPG

This image sponsored by Totem Poles R Us

Actually it's from a used GX8 which I sent back for a refund (everything a tiny bit soft even while all edges slightly exaggerated - some problem with the IBIS or sensor). This particular image has been massively sharpened in an editor, so that it looks kind of normally sharp.

P1010248_rt_g.jpg

Street photography minus the street. It can be done.

Remember folks, always try to get the subject as close to the centre of the image as possible. All that stuff about rule of thirds, golden ratio etc? Forget it. You can take a million boring photos following those rules. Take interesting photos instead.

Last edited:
Playing with bokeh from the combination of SMC Takumar 50mm f 1.4 (M42) + Pixco Speed Booster 0.71x (M42 to M4/3) with an effective 70mm f 1.0:

1000017783.jpg

At minimum focus distance.

1000017785.jpg

At infinity focus distance.

1000017786.jpg

Just a bunch of LED lights someone put on their green fence, thank you for that.

P1010644_rt_g.jpg

This seems like a good place to admit that when I'm tired (I'd walked for hours on very flinty tracks on a warm day and felt tired, thirsty and my feet were sore) even with Dual IS II I can't get a maximally sharp picture at 1/60s with a 15mm lens! This one is OK. Not good for pixel peeping but fine for normal viewing or printing to 16x12" or smaller.

Last edited:
Back