Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

P1050880.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Straight out of camera JPEG. GX80 (GX85/GX7 Mk II), L.Monochrome, NR -3, Aperture priority, exposure determined by camera with no compensation. I'm still surprised occasionally at how well these cameras determine the correct exposure. I do bracket everything but it's rare that the 0.0 EV result is poor. Often I prefer a result under or over but almost never can I say the camera's determination was poor. I like this image but am also posting it as am delighted that I can get such a sharp result handheld! The dual IS really works well, better than on my GX8. I like the GX80 more and more the longer I use it. If it was weather sealed it would be close to perfection for me. I think it's good enough that I'll sell my GX8 and hang onto this GX80 and my G80 (which is not pocketable but is weather sealed).

View attachment 477949Straight out of camera JPEG. 1/15th of a second handheld. Oh yes. If I ever give up the beer and the whisky and lose the shakes I'll be handholding at 1 second, if I can stop with the sneezing and the farting.
If you ever get the chance of trying the Olympus IBIS it will make you believe you are already sober :p

Last edited:
I know this is bad but whenever I attach my M.Zuiko 9-18mm to my cameras I remember Schwarzenegger in the first Terminator movie saying "Uzi 9 millimetre" and then doing something very bad to the poor chap who was showing him the weapon.

"Zuiko 9 millimetre" Be afraid! Most especially watch out for fat middle aged blokes in case they trip over, bump into you and crack all your ribs.

P1060047_g2.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not taken with M.Zuiko 9mm. Also no Uzi 9mm involved. Just me in a garden with a Lumix GX80 and a Lumix G Vario 12-60mm kit lens. Nobody died. No cool punchlines. Not even a leather jacket. Very disappointing.

Am worried there is something very Wallace and Gromit about the attitudes of these plants. I will have words with them next time am there.

slowly getting out of the craziness of the last few months... First trip back to the coast since we left in 2016... :)

EM1mk2 and 12-100mm

View attachment 479392daytrip along the coast by tilman paulin, on Flickr

View attachment 479393daytrip along the coast by tilman paulin, on Flickr

View attachment 479394daytrip along the coast by tilman paulin, on Flickr

View attachment 479395daytrip along the coast by tilman paulin, on Flickr

View attachment 479396daytrip along the coast by tilman paulin, on Flickr
These are some very atmospheric and evocative images. Can you say more about where you made them? "The coast" sounds nice but which continent, nation, seaboard? Maybe give us a clue? From my own experience I know it isn't Devon, Cornwall, Sussex, Norfolk or Essex, nor Goa, Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, Arabia, France or Spain. So which coast?

These are some very atmospheric and evocative images. Can you say more about where you made them? "The coast" sounds nice but which continent, nation, seaboard? Maybe give us a clue? From my own experience I know it isn't Devon, Cornwall, Sussex, Norfolk or Essex, nor Goa, Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, Arabia, France or Spain. So which coast?
Haha, sorry, Oregon coast (US West coast).
Still too scatterbrained from the move - and probably assuming that some folks remember from the “seriouscompacts” days… (but those are much longer back than I always think :) )

Haha, sorry, Oregon coast (US West coast).
Still too scatterbrained from the move - and probably assuming that some folks remember from the “seriouscompacts” days… (but those are much longer back than I always think :) )
Yeah.

As we approach 80 y.o., the 1990s are 'recent', the 2000s are 'very recent', and anything since about 2010 is current ...

I suppose that getting older gives one perspective, even if it doesn't deliver wisdom.

Back