• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Micro 4/3 samples

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
My new/old stock Sigma 30/2.8 arrived yesterday and I was pleased to note it was the current Art Series model with the shiny focus ring. Internals are unchanged from the all plastic original.

Was impressed with how much sky detail was recovered in On1 Raw as it was flat grey to the eye.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
Wow, skill. I rarely got images that good when I had the 75-300 II.
Thanks Tony! It was kind of perfect conditions for it (for any lens I would guess :) ) - a sunny day and an area where you could get really close to your subjects.

The techniques that make the biggest difference for me with the 75-300mm are:
- stabilize it/the camera with some extra support (even just holding it against a walking stick helps)
- focus manually whenever the subject allows
- develop some strategies for noise reduction and sharpening. Previously I denoised with NeatImage and sharpened with Nik Output Sharpener. Currently I'm testing Topaz AI Clear which does both things at the same time and does a surprisingly good job most of the time.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom