Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
33902507206_3c49e06ce0_h.jpg
Tourist Wheel No, 18 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Fremantle's ferris wheel. It was built in 2007 by Mondail, stands 40 metres high and has a capacity of 144 people.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Dusted off my Oly 17mm f2.8, a much maligned lens (maybe the worst m43 native?) that doesn't get much use these days. Figured I'd try a few shots around the house. Actually did OK - close focus distance is a bit hit/miss and the focus racking in/out was a little painful but the images were good enough.

49783479257_205cbc84e2_o.jpg
P4170044
by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

49782615783_8bd0605600_o.jpg
P4170026
by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

phigmov

@phigmov ,
There seems to be quite a difference between this version and the one posted on the MU-43 forum? What happened? and you thoughts?

Two different angles for sure - I took several shots before eating the apple. Was hoping to process at least one as a B&W (the one in the still-life thread) but couldn't get the right treatment. I also like the contrast with the shade that comes from putting things in this particular part of the house. I should hit up the Olympist about his still-life processing - it always comes out darkly lush - like an old-master painting. This one is just a vanilla image with a bit of tweaking in Apple Photo (its also in the mu-43 vege/herb/fruit thread); the other went through Nik Analog Effects.

Apollo T.

Regular
@phigmov
I used apple photos for a couple of years- with half hearted enthusiasm. Then mid last year I started using Snapseed on my iPad (5 gen). It’s a free app from Google intended touch screen devices.
I’ve been blown away with my results with virtually no experience using it!!! I absolutely love using it. The UI is clean, simple and so easy to use that even I can do it. At that price it may be worth giving it a try

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
Very nice, Walter. I'm finding my keeper rate with longer MF lenses has suffered in recent years, which is why I got rid of a couple of very sharp and lightweight Minolta and Konica 135mm primes. About the only way I could consistently get quality images was on a tripod.

phigmov

Very nice, Walter. I'm finding my keeper rate with longer MF lenses has suffered in recent years, which is why I got rid of a couple of very sharp and lightweight Minolta and Konica 135mm primes. About the only way I could consistently get quality images was on a tripod.

I hear you - my hands are getting shakey for the long stuff. I have the Pana 45-200 (which has OIS) and trying to get anything good in the distance is really hit/miss. The 200 for Macro is a little easier in terms of being able to brace it a little bit closer and it doesn't seem to magnify the shaking affect for things close-up in the same way as things at a distance. The extra reach is great too. I've definitely noticed the CA on this lens - I'd read about prior to buying the lens, but the blue-ish tinge on the edges is a little irritating. A bit less apparent if you're out of bright light or stop down a bit more.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom