Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
This shot was originally taken as a in-camera jpeg from the Color Profiles on my Pen F - but looking at it, somehow it seemed like it might be better in monochrome. So I processed the color jpeg in Silver Efex - which gives it much more of the feeling I had in mind originally.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Mar 23, 2015
Aotearoa
Dusted off my Oly 17mm f2.8, a much maligned lens (maybe the worst m43 native?) that doesn't get much use these days. Figured I'd try a few shots around the house. Actually did OK - close focus distance is a bit hit/miss and the focus racking in/out was a little painful but the images were good enough.

P4170044 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

P4170026 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

phigmov

Mar 23, 2015
Aotearoa
Giving the GF1 a bit of a work-out - its actually not too bad in the right conditions.

_1060278 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

_1060285 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

_1060298 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

phigmov

Mar 23, 2015
Aotearoa
@phigmov ,
There seems to be quite a difference between this version and the one posted on the MU-43 forum? What happened? and you thoughts?
Two different angles for sure - I took several shots before eating the apple. Was hoping to process at least one as a B&W (the one in the still-life thread) but couldn't get the right treatment. I also like the contrast with the shade that comes from putting things in this particular part of the house. I should hit up the Olympist about his still-life processing - it always comes out darkly lush - like an old-master painting. This one is just a vanilla image with a bit of tweaking in Apple Photo (its also in the mu-43 vege/herb/fruit thread); the other went through Nik Analog Effects.

Apollo T.

Regular
Nov 13, 2017
NJ
@phigmov
I used apple photos for a couple of years- with half hearted enthusiasm. Then mid last year I started using Snapseed on my iPad (5 gen). It’s a free app from Google intended touch screen devices.
I’ve been blown away with my results with virtually no experience using it!!! I absolutely love using it. The UI is clean, simple and so easy to use that even I can do it. At that price it may be worth giving it a try

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Very nice, Walter. I'm finding my keeper rate with longer MF lenses has suffered in recent years, which is why I got rid of a couple of very sharp and lightweight Minolta and Konica 135mm primes. About the only way I could consistently get quality images was on a tripod.

phigmov

Mar 23, 2015
Aotearoa
Very nice, Walter. I'm finding my keeper rate with longer MF lenses has suffered in recent years, which is why I got rid of a couple of very sharp and lightweight Minolta and Konica 135mm primes. About the only way I could consistently get quality images was on a tripod.
I hear you - my hands are getting shakey for the long stuff. I have the Pana 45-200 (which has OIS) and trying to get anything good in the distance is really hit/miss. The 200 for Macro is a little easier in terms of being able to brace it a little bit closer and it doesn't seem to magnify the shaking affect for things close-up in the same way as things at a distance. The extra reach is great too. I've definitely noticed the CA on this lens - I'd read about prior to buying the lens, but the blue-ish tinge on the edges is a little irritating. A bit less apparent if you're out of bright light or stop down a bit more.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom