Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

mike3996

Hall of Famer
2020-09-13 (Sun) 15-43-12.jpeg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
A migration of enormous Turkey Vultures passed over my house in southern Oregon yesterday. Spinning in geometric patterns similar to those they seem to adopt when descending for a meal, but this time, they were moving, in a progressively southwards direction. I took several shots---

GX8_Sept26_Turkey_Vultures#1.jpg

All with the X Vario Lumix 45-175 zoom, which seems surprisingly compact, almost svelte, mounted on my GX-8 ---

GX8_Sept26_Turkey_Vultures#2.jpg

The combined AF of both the lens and the camera body seemed to get the job done---

GX8_Sept26_Turkey_Vultures#3.jpg

And...damn! I've never seen so many vultures flying together, before---

GX8_Sept26_Turkey_Vultures#5.jpg

Graham Moore

Regular
Real Name
Graham
A migration of enormous Turkey Vultures passed over my house in southern Oregon yesterday. Spinning in geometric patterns similar to those they seem to adopt when descending for a meal, but this time, they were moving, in a progressively southwards direction. I took several shots---

View attachment 236167

All with the X Vario Lumix 45-175 zoom, which seems surprisingly compact, almost svelte, mounted on my GX-8 ---

View attachment 236168

The combined AF of both the lens and the camera body seemed to get the job done---

View attachment 236169

And...damn! I've never seen so many vultures flying together, before---

View attachment 236171
You appear to have a chunk of dust on your sensor. I like the vulture shots though.

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
You appear to have a chunk of dust on your sensor. I like the vulture shots though.
Thanks, Graham.
I noticed it as well, afterwards.
And in fact it was plainly visible upon the surface of my sensor.
Quick fix #1 - using an air blower (to blow the offending spot 'off' the sensor) didn't work.
But quick fix #2 - using a very fine brush to sweep the offending dust chunk off - DID work.
So...problem solved! 🤓

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Some folks think that a 10X zoom doesn’t achieve adequate bokeh.
Not me. It's one of those white elephants in the room, that in the right hands, a long zoom with a relatively low aperture can achieve as good and often better results as an F1.2 when it comes to blown out areas. Those low aperture zooms just aren't sexy enough for most people though. One could debate the rendering of the blown out areas (bokeh balls etc), but that's subjective and the same thing applies with prime lenses.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom