Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

mike3996

Hall of Famer
A real torture test for bokeh quality..

2020-10-02 (Fri) 18-03-27.jpeg

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
The brave pancake does very nice job 90%+ of the time if you ask me. Its bokeh remains filmlike, whereas some m4/3 lenses turn defocused areas into ugly haziness.

View attachment 236513

Couldn't agree with you more about the many superb qualities of the tiny 12-32 zoom. It's truly an underrated lens - except among those who have used it.

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Just for fun, three different versions of the same shot taken with my Pen E-P3...

The first uses one of my favorites among the built-in Olympus jpeg 'Art Filters' - in this case, the PinHole filter - which seems to give this image the kind of brooding pre-Halloween darkness it deserves--

EP3_Oct2_ZombieHalloweenBride(PinHole).jpg

The second began with the RAW version, processed lightly in Nik's Color Efex for enhanced contrast, and then with an old Lightroom plug-in by X-Equals (Xel) that mimics an old Kodachrome with an interesting warmish tint--

EP3_Oct2_ZombieHalloweenBride(KodachrMem).jpg

The third and last was processed in Nik's Silver Efex--

EP3_Oct2_ZombieHalloweenBride(SilverEfex).jpg

Taken with the ridiculously inexpensive Pergear 25mm manual focus lens, at f/4.

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
A century or two ago, I bought the tiny 9mm Olympus 'body cap' fisheye lens - an inexpensive and ridiculously thin/tiny little piece of glass which has a fixed aperture (f/8) and a tiny plastic lever giving 3 choices of focus - infinity (for distant landscapes) - close up (less than .2 meter) - and a third choice for everything else. For this picture I used the 'for everything else' setting, as well as the E-P3's in camera PinHole 'art filter' setting. And---

And while this tiny little bit of plastic is not truly the equal of some of the much, much pricier fisheyes I've owned and used - it's surprising me with its image quality...

EP3_Oct3_Fisheye_PeeWee.jpg

...not to mention the 'fun factor' ;)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom