Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

84FFB67D-8614-476E-8C5B-B87B6B3BD28E.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So close to getting focus on the eye. Sigh. Goes off to google 'how to resize E-M1 focus box'...

View attachment 296010P3060005 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr
I learned the hard way that AF is hit and miss when shooting macro (delightful though it is when the lens/ camera does hit). So I now do all macro shots in manual mode. With the magnification abilities of mirrorless cameras these days, it was easier then I feared and the camera is releived that I don't have to blame it anymore.

I learned the hard way that AF is hit and miss when shooting macro (delightful though it is when the lens/ camera does hit). So I now do all macro shots in manual mode. With the magnification abilities of mirrorless cameras these days, it was easier then I feared and the camera is releived that I don't have to blame it anymore.
True. I usually have no problem with manual-focus on static subjects (flowers etc) but increasingly struggle with anything that moves (combo of deteriorating eyesight & slowing hands). I had a D600 w/ 105mm AI macro out at the same time as the Oly w/ 60 and missed every shot. Just not quite fast enough... I should see if the green focus indicator can be supplemented somehow (it won't beep for some reason). Probably just need more practise, been spoilt by AF for macro over the last few years.

50165116481_f550d3371f_h.jpg

St Paul’s Anglican Church, Beaconsfield by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
St Paul’s Church was built in 1905-1906 in the Federation Gothic limestone style of architecture.

St Paul’s Anglican Church is described as a good example of a suburban Federation Gothic-style church, retaining its original form and set in a pleasing collection of the late nineteenth to early twentieth-century religious buildings, which together form a prominent landmark within a largely residential streetscape.

It was built for £1,506.

View attachment 301992
St Paul’s Anglican Church, Beaconsfield by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
St Paul’s Church was built in 1905-1906 in the Federation Gothic limestone style of architecture.

St Paul’s Anglican Church is described as a good example of a suburban Federation Gothic-style church, retaining its original form and set in a pleasing collection of the late nineteenth to early twentieth-century religious buildings, which together form a prominent landmark within a largely residential streetscape.

It was built for £1,506.
A lot of dough in 1905, Andrew ...

Back