Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

EM1 mkII 25mm
fullsizeoutput_a40a.jpeg
Firework Outlaw 2

The sensor of my ancient GX1 is definitely not as capable as that of my GX8 - but in its own way, it is still an eminently capable photographic tool, as this shot shows.

View attachment 126870
Like @rayvonn, I feel that way about a couple of slightly dated bodies/combos, but mainly, it applies to the GF1 with the 20mm f/1.7 attached. In some aspects, its age shows, but as a photographic tool, it's still inspiring. Another one of those oddball cameras is the Nikon 1 V1 with 18.5mm f/1.8 - in spite of all the negative things that have been said about that camera, it produces really nice images, even when using SOOC JPEGs. I've not taken out either camera for quite some time, but will do so very soon.

M.

Like @rayvonn, I feel that way about a couple of slightly dated bodies/combos, but mainly, it applies to the GF1 with the 20mm f/1.7 attached. In some aspects, its age shows, but as a photographic tool, it's still inspiring. Another one of those oddball cameras is the Nikon 1 V1 with 18.5mm f/1.8 - in spite of all the negative things that have been said about that camera, it produces really nice images, even when using SOOC JPEGs. I've not taken out either camera for quite some time, but will do so very soon.

M.
Yep, the V1 + 18.5 was a very nice combination. It was just a bit heavy for my liking (the camera, not the tiny lens!)

Yep, the V1 + 18.5 was a very nice combination. It was just a bit heavy for my liking (the camera, not the tiny lens!)
After lugging around (among other stuff) a Pentacon Six - even in its smallest configuration with waist-level finder and 80mm lens - nothing that small and light can ever feel heavy again :D More in earnest, I'm sure now that at least for me, there is such a thing as "too small" - that's why I think my time with pocketable compacts is over, except for challenges (I'll keep the trusty old S95 and will also use the IXUS 132 for low-fi digital photography - that can actually be lots of fun).

The V1 feels good in the hand (in spite of its quirks), is easy to carry around and, what's more, is surprisingly responsive - and since it takes the same batteries, it can ride along with my D750 as a tiny sidecar camera (I find the Cosyspeed bags very handy for that - mine will even take the E-M10 plus ECG-1 and 12-40mm PRO). The D750 with Sigma 24-105 Art (or 50mm Art) - now, that's a little too heavy for an EDC ;)

But we're going seriously off-topic here; here's a little something from the E-PL7 (same size as the V1, very nice handling, but sadly, misses an EVF):
_PL71027.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(another one from my early evening walk a couple of months back - went out depressed, came home refreshed; photography can do marvellous things ...)

M.

I feel that way about the Olympus E-P1. What I see rendered from that when paired with the Olympus 17mm F2.8 lens looks very film like.
TOTALLY agree with you. I briefly owned an E-P1 - with the underrated 17mm f/2.8 pancake lens - and I think it was a remarkable combo. And it had a wonderful way of rendering colors and tones. Its own unique visual signature I think. Film-like in some ways - and especially at lower ISO's, more than a match for most of today's newest generation of supposedly improved sensors.

Back