Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

A few with the GM5, a great lightweight camera to take on a camping trip -

First an alpine lake whose temperatures are slightly higher than boiling - at Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park -

Boiling_Springs_Lake_Fisheye.jpg

A fallen warning sign, by the same like, advising unwary travelers to exercise caution -

Unlawful.jpg

And last but not least, a very young individual wearing his Frog Socks by the campfire -

Frog_socks.jpg

Renting a GX8 + 12-35 for the next week. Great feel to this combo. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the gear I have, but I wanted to satisfy my curiosity about current MFT cameras. At one time or another I've had an E-M5, E-M1, another E-M5, and Lumix G1.

I underexposed the first pic a bit, and recovered it as well as I could.

P1000011.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1000016.JPG

P1000017.JPG

Early morning stroll with the rented GX8 + Lumix 12-35. The last two are looking through dirty windows. I do like the handling on this combo a lot. Too many cameras, too little funds . . .

P1000078.JPG

P1000080.JPG

P1000082.JPG

P1000086.JPG

P1000087.JPG

View attachment 133501
The Mouth of the Swan by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

View of the mouth of the Swan River taken from the South Mole, Fremantle, Western Australia.

Experimenting with a CanLink CRX4030 video lens in its fisheye 0.45X mode as attached (like a filter) to my Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f/1.8 lens.

Cool shot, great perspective.

36277210711_770af0d234_h.jpg

Martha Rendell (1871-1909), convicted child murderer by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

From the Fremantle Cemetery Heritage Walk Trail One guide:

“Details of the early life of Martha Rendell are sparse. It is known she left her husband and their several children in South Australia and came to Perth in her mid-thirties. Here she was instrumental in persuading carpenter Thomas Morris, who had known Rendell in Adealide, to leave his wife.

When Martha Rendell joined Morris at a weatherboard house in East Perth in 1907, she also took over the care of the five Morris children. Over the next 15 months, three of the children died from “throat afflictions”. It was only when another child became ill in 1909 that police became suspicious.

The Coroner found that Rendell had killed the children by regularly painting their throats with hydrochloric acid. Soon after, a jury found her guilty of one death despite the lack of a motive. They had heard that Rendell was a “sadist and pervert” and the judge said she was a “moral deformity”. Morris, who had been jointly charged, was acquitted. Rendell became the only woman to be hanged in Fremantle Prison. She died protesting her innocence. There was controversy at the time, with many claiming she did not get a fair trial. The debate occasionally resumes.”

===

The hanging of Martha Rendell is well documented in the newspapers of the day with Trove reproducing for example the report in the Kalgoorlie Western Argus from October 12, 1909, page 32. A very interesting if morbid read of the procedures of hanging.

35711716343_1b82b8e452_b.jpg

Yangtze Harmony {01 0817} by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

The Hong Kong flagged, 11,672 gt 132.6m Sino Marine livestock carrier, the YANGTZE HARMONY [IMO 9318917] on approach to berth at the common user berth NQ No. 2, Fremantle Port on August 12, 2017. Her last port of call was Broome, Western Australia. She was assisted by Svitzer Eagle and Svitzer Falcon in rather dramatic seas.

She was built in 2004 as the Pandora , a container ship and was converted to a livestock carrier with her maiden voyage in her new role making the news in April 2017

Back