Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

7001D5CF-AFAD-407B-B169-19EE070FD4FB.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
68460C8A-3E63-4DD7-B415-D3FCBE895AE4.jpeg
006DDB64-F372-472C-AC6A-B93E2B8A8AE5.jpeg
3F258BE3-B625-4CDC-AF87-B1EF1C902AD4.jpeg
4972991D-BE35-44F5-ADA6-6B784962082C.jpeg
B8C6D3FC-1296-4FA2-BF7D-9F581D72E0D7.jpeg
E0E2CB2A-8FD0-4784-AFCF-86E08B12EAF6.jpeg

Attachments

• F71E9E92-4FCA-4B12-B2C5-C5BEC59000E1.jpeg
    F71E9E92-4FCA-4B12-B2C5-C5BEC59000E1.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 57
Just for fun, the first two photos taken with my new (to me...it's really lightly used) 17mm Zuiko f/2.8 pancake lens, mounted on my Pen E-P3. The first taken indoors, of one of my favorite Soccer caps - of the Mexican team from Tijuana, whose mascot is the ancient, tiny Aztec dog, the Xoloizcuintle!

EP3_Oct28_Tijuana_Soccer_cap.jpg

The second outside our local small-town Oregon post office---

EP3_Oct28_Weeds_in_grating.jpg

And here, just for fun, is an iPhoto of the lens itself, on the camera---

Zuiko17mmf2.8#3.jpg

A sequence of three shots, taken with my recently acquired 17mm Zuiko pancake lens, of the sunflower plants behind my Oregon farmhouse.

A wider view--

EP3_Nov1_Dead_sunflower.jpg

Closer--

EP3_Nov1_Dead_sunflower_head.jpg

And a view of the leaves--

EP3_Nov1_Dead_sunflower_leaves.jpg

All were taken using the E-P3's 'Pop Art' in-camera 'Art filter'.

Sweet lens--didn't realize there were PanaLeica gems from FT era. Too bad they're not very usable on Panasonic MFT cameras(?) :(
Yes, it's the lens that stopped me from buying an Oly 12-100 - or any Panasonic body (well, all my four thirds lenses contributed to that).
Even though I mostly focus manually I still want a somewhat workable autofocus :)
The Oly 12-100 has some advantages (weather sealed, faster, you can buy it new (or "less old used")), but I'd miss those 50mm at the long end...

The Leica Panasonic 4/3 25mm (not m43) is apparently a good 'un.
Yes, indeed. That's the other Panasonic four thirds lens I have.
I compared it to the PanaLeica m43 25mm and preferred the rendering of the four thirds version (which is considerably bigger - a very different lens).
Plus it gives me a fast standard lens to use on the Oly E1 :)

Just for fun, three differently processed versions taken with the same camera (my vintage E-P3) and lens (the tiny 17mm Zuiko pancake).

The first, taken with the Pen's built-in Pop Art 'Art Filter', which tends to create over-saturated colors, which remind me a little bit of Fujichrome Velvia --

EP3_Nov4_Pharmacy_Witch(PopArt).jpg

The second, a monochrome rendition, processed with Nik's Silver Efex Lightroom plugin--

EP3_Nov4_Pharmacy_Witch(SilverEfex).jpg

The third and last, and probably my favorite, was processed with another Lightroom plugin, which was developed by the Irish photographer, Thomas Fitzgerald--

EP3_Nov4_Pharmacy_Witch(Streetlux).jpg

Just for fun, three differently processed versions taken with the same camera (my vintage E-P3) and lens (the tiny 17mm Zuiko pancake).

The first, taken with the Pen's built-in Pop Art 'Art Filter', which tends to create over-saturated colors, which remind me a little bit of Fujichrome Velvia --

I think I prefer the first one - I just like colors :)

To prove that point - a photo from yesterday's lunchtime walk (this time with my beater/rain camera: EM1 (mk1) and Oly 12-60mm)

50566972901_2af4e803fa_b.jpg
Untitled
by tilman paulin, on Flickr

View attachment 239472

The second, a monochrome rendition, processed with Nik's Silver Efex Lightroom plugin--

View attachment 239473

The third and last, and probably my favorite, was processed with another Lightroom plugin, which was developed by the Irish photographer, Thomas Fitzgerald--

View attachment 239474
I've seen the "Olympus Colours" in the old OM 50mm lenses, they have a wonderful unique signature and I can subjectively see that with this lens too.

Back