Might get busier here?

When they went "pay to be a member".
I was an occasional visitor there and left then as well. There's only been one forum I have ever been a member of that I "had" to pay to be a member of. It was a professional forum that was closed to non members and not open to search engines. They had an influx of newbies and during a change in ownership (imagine that) the site was opened up for a little while (days or weeks I can't remember). But long enough for a good bit to be indexed and exposed by Google. There were a LOT of Pros that felt betrayed, I can't remember ever posting anything too bad on it. But there were some pros who would not want clients (theirs or others) to see. It didn't last too long after that.

I was an occasional visitor there and left then as well.
It was a forum that had some very knowledgeable members, but I never warmed up to all of the "things" that they tried to "sell" members. Most of it seemed pretty useless to me, and when they wanted to go to a pay model, it was around the same time I started also shooting with m4/3rd's gear, so I left. When I started shooting more with my Nikon gear, I decided to join the café. It was a pretty tight core group, but they were welcoming and had good advice, so I decided to stay with them and with mu-43.com. There was a fair amount of overlap between the two forums, and I liked that.

--Ken

@Replytoken I was on the Cafe about the same time I was on Nikonians. There is someone with my user ID, but I have no idea if it's my old account or someone else. It's my first+middle name and pretty rare for me not to be able for me to use. But it's behind a pay wall so no way for me to find out.

@Replytoken I was on the Cafe about the same time I was on Nikonians. There is someone with my user ID, but I have no idea if it's my old account or someone else. It's my first+middle name and pretty rare for me not to be able for me to use. But it's behind a pay wall so no way for me to find out.
That's weird. It has been a while so I do not recall that name from Nikonians. There were a handful of folks in their tripod forum that helped me a lot when I was buying a set of legs and a ballhead to use for BIF. I see one member from there at the LR Queen forums, but it has been almost 10 years.

--Ken

Back