Might get busier here?

There's a handful I recognized before, now more.

As for me, I'm going to wait and see. I know my experiences are unique to me and the websites I've been a member of the last 17 years or so, but the ones that went from private to venture group/ media group/ large company/ corporate all changed. And not for the better. Hopefully the Café fares better.

I am definitely in wait-watch-and-see mode. I've been on the Cafe for so long, it's "home" to me, and I've got no particular reason to bolt right now simply because of a change in ownership. When Amin first took over the Cafe, there was a lot of mumbling and grumbling, because it was the first time we'd had a "stranger" owning the site as opposed to the two original founders and later a long-time member who took over after "Flew" passed away and Patrick eventually found that he had his hands full with too many personal and work obligations so that he reluctantly sold the Cafe. Things changed at the Cafe, but we all soldiered through anyway, didn't we?

This new scenario, though, with a corporation rather than an individual owning the site does make things feel different in a new way that isn't exactly reassuring. We'll just have to see how it all plays out....

I'm seeing a lemon slice (no cocktail ... ), so probably at your end.

:Welcome: anyway :) .

Thank you! Right now it's a green globe, which I'll probably change again when I get to it. Must've been on my end last night. When I went to bed I shut down the computer totally and today, lo and behold, there was the green globe when I came into this site. I had tinkered with it last night in a vain effort to see if maybe it was the lemon slice causing the issue and it apparently wasn't, as I couldn't see the globe either.

Yay, I was successful this time in changing the avatar to what I wanted! Whew....

Last edited:
Actually that's me. There was a site called "Peanutize Me". You could basically build a peanut character.
On the internet, nobody know that you are a dog. But in this case, we now know that you are actually a beagle!:rolleyes:

--Ken

P.S. Big Peanuts fan here as well. But I held off on creating a character who looked like me.

Thank you! Right now it's a green globe, which I'll probably change again when I get to it. Must've been on my end last night. When I went to bed I shut down the computer totally and today, lo and behold, there was the green globe when I came into this site. I had tinkered with it last night in a vain effort to see if maybe it was the lemon slice causing the issue and it apparently wasn't, as I couldn't see the globe either.

Yay, I was successful this time in changing the avatar to what I wanted! Whew....
I am now seeing your third avatar - a lemon slice. Glad it all worked out.

--Ken

A quick FYI for the guys just signing up tonight from MU-43.... the default style here is "Really Dark", if you want a light style like you may be used then in the footer click on the "Really Dark" link to select the "Light Theme"
.... thanks Kevin, this "Light Theme" is so much easier on the eyes ....

A quick FYI for the guys just signing up tonight from MU-43.... the default style here is "Really Dark", if you want a light style like you may be used then in the footer click on the "Really Dark" link to select the "Light Theme"
Thanks! I was trying to get used to the really dark theme, but now I see I can let the styling get used to me instead!

Busted! I wondered if there might be some crossing paths with MR, especially now with the forum sales going around.

Yep...... I knew you were on the MU-4/3 site, as you've mentioned it a few times, but since I don't use a 4/3 system I never had any reason to look in on that site. I've been on Nikon Cafe since 2005 (which is also the same year I joined MR, I think), and somewhere along the line joined TalkEmount. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other folks from MR who might show up here eventually, as I'm sure we are not the only ones who in addition to spending time there hang out on photography-related forums as well.

Also, hi to my Nikon brethren as well. Wasn't a member of your forum, I came over from mu-43, but I can assure you that I am here in peace because I have a Nikon too.

I can't quite figure out if @Kevin is the winner out of this whole "Amin sells his websites" thing because he gets all the new traffic, or the loser, because he gets all the new traffic (and the lot of us refugees).
As long as we diligently buy new gear, and remember to use the affiliate links, Kevin will come out ahead. To the credit cards, gentlefolk!

Back