Leica Millennium Bridge, London

christilou

Legend
M240 + ZM25/2.8

L1005658-Edit-3.jpg

I had a wonderful time there with my camera in June/July around 5/6pm walking over the bridge after getting the train from Brighton to Blackfriars, just as the golden hour was peaking, the resulting images were fantastic. Of course, part of the fun is seeing the plethora of photographers situated around the spot where your picture was taken, at that time of year, there was almost a competition for the right "spot" and an unwritten understanding that you couldn't just walk over the centre in front of everyone else to take that picture! What's it like at this time of year?

We had been to a wedding the day before and decided to stay over and have a walk around some parts of London. As you can see, it was the end of May and still coat weather! This is one I like even though it's crowded, mid day. Not too many people trying to photograph, mainly iPhone snappers. I think a lot of people wait for the night time to get long exposure, empty shots.

L1005655-Edit-3.jpg

Upper left is my fingers! I cut off some but it would spoil the balance to cut off any more. I developed a terrible habit with the ZM lenses...... my 50mm Summilux has a tab.

Great shots, Christine. I like the "oh, the humanity!" shots over the "no one's home" night shots. :2thumbs:

We could start a thread for "here's a great shot, but with my fingers, thumb, or neck strap getting in the way." :D

Back