Minimalism and abstract

L2624651.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Thanks, lightroom classic cc exported as a Tiff. Into Silver Efex pro 3. And that's where the magic happens with Monochrome files. I have 5 custom presets that I can choose from, And over 65 regular presets. And everything has a slider, Brightness has 3 sliders, contrast has 3 sliders. Clearview light option as well from dxo incorporated. Last but not least. Film grain can be chosen, and vignette/borders. You get the idea. Flavour to taste output = jpeg. And that's all she wrote. I need a better name than your sig to address you though lolz

@lucien
I’m still new to PP and a technotwit. I’m currently using(and loving) using Snapseed, a free editor, that I can’t find adequate instruction for. I keep admiring so many images I later find out were processed using DXO’s softwarE- especially silver efex. DXO’s stuff is photoshop add-on, but I don’t do PS or LR; these seem dauntingly complex to learn.
What’s wrong with Apollo T? or is it the Old Fart? in which case Senior Stinker might do, though it lacks the cachet of the original.

Is your name "Apollo" like a Greek god ? Because it's not the one below lolz. Silver efex is a plug in. I use it as a stand alone program though. It isn't as powerful as lightroom or photoshop. So I need to crop, and straighten then export as a Tiff. I suggest watching a lot of video's on YouTube to get familiar with the diff programs. Lightroom isn't as powerful as photoshop but it suites my needs . As a side note Silver efex was bought from Google along time ago.

how about, Apollo

...As a side note Silver efex was bought from Google along time ago...
To expand on this history, Silver Efex (and its sibling programs) were developed as PS/LR plug-ins by a company called Nik. Nik was subsequently gobbled up by Google. After a few years when they grew bored of their new acquisition, Google basically regurgitated Nik and offered the software for free. It was subsequently bought up by DxO.

At least that's how I think it went down.

- K

Last edited:
Back