Minimalism and abstract

DSC07022.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hanging a camera around my neck seems to be enough for me to get into that state of mind.
Being reminded of this today makes it feel like a fad - but it really isn't.
If you do enough searching Miksang can become rather pretentious, but I feel it is core to why people like photography. To get philosophical, I feel there is two main aspects to photography: documentation and art. They are inseparable but also independant. For me miksang is then a focus on the art aspect, willfully letting the documentation aspect fade from consideration... ie contemplative photography focused on the feel of the visual experience.

I've always taken the broad view on things, browsing this thread I figure a rose by any other name is still a rose; this is the experience I was seeking after all.

The concept isn't new to me although the word is - I suppose we do things intuitively / instinctively without hanging a label on everything 🤷
I feel one of the main troubles of our time is the incessant need for everything to fit in a box at a time when the number of boxes is increasing exponentially. We get lost in the discussion of category and never get to discussion of solutions when ultimately category is unimportant.

Back