Leica Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm - Any views?

mwizenbe

Rookie
I just spotted one on eBay UK for GBP 250 or around US 380, and according to seller, no white spots... Any views or advice you can provide me on this lens and the price?

Many thanks,

That's a great price- if the coating was going to develop problems, it would have by now. Some batches were troubled by problems with the coating, not all of the batches. If there is an inspection/return period, well worth a look.

Thanks again Brian. Just got the lens, great value! What I did not pay attention is that it's filter size is 40.5mm instead of the expected 39mm, well. Some excuse to buy some more filters... I will do some experiences in infrared using this and an Skopar 25mm I also recently purchased. If I get something acceptable, will post here. I still owe some pictures using the great Jupiter 8 I purchased from you, need to find some spare time.

40.5mm! Same as the Jupiter-8, Jupiter-3, Zeiss Sonnar 5cm F1.5, Zeiss Opton 50/1.5....

I tend to have a lot of 40.5mm filters. I also have Series VI adapters for 39, 40.5, 41 (Summarit), and 43mm. They are worth looking for.

Back