Fuji Showcase Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-HF 30cm 1:4.5

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
I've had this lens since my days using adapted glass on a Sony NEX-5R. Hand-holding it is a hit-or-miss affair, although in the past I've gotten some good images with. I kept it when I got rid of a bunch of old manual camera stuff because 1) it is still in mint condition, and 2) on a tripod it is a fine lens for the odd shots of the full moon. Today I participated in a several hour bird walk with a local Master Naturalist chapter in which I'm a member. I am not a birder by any stretch of the imagination, but they are fascinating.

My bird shots didn't go quite as hoped. I got a couple of decent pics of a Kentucky Warbler, muffed the focus on a rare-in-these-parts Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly that was 20 feet away, getting a couple of soft images, locked the focus on an Eastern Towhee just as it took wing (and missed it), and got a couple of blurry shots of a pair of Louisiana Water Thrushes playing in a creek deep in the underbrush. Not my finest day. Probably why I don't try to carry that lens anymore, and stick to wide angle and close-up shots.

Here are a few, for what it's worth:

The Warbler
K_warbler1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The muffed Zebra Swallowtail pic
DSCF8575a.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A school of juvenile Largemouth Bass:
DSCF8585a.JPG

Looking across the pond, which is full of turtles. None came out to play today, although I could see the shadow of a huge Snapper that resides there:
DSCF8594.JPG

Back