Pentax Mirrorless Pentax K-01

Little B

I posted this on the doggy forum but I rather like the character of this lens. At f4 it's amazing. Forgot to say it's the FA77 Limited :redface:

IMGP0378-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I got the black one too for the same reasons although we don't have the white one here in the UK. We get a silver choice and a yellow choice. In some pics the yellow looks rather nice but I can't imagine it would be very discreet!

I posted this on the doggy forum but I rather like the character of this lens. At f4 it's amazing.

Nice capture! I was not originally planning on getting the 40mm, but your images and the peaking feature convinced me that I needed this lens. I ended up ordering the Limited version, because I am having fun with quick shift focus. It is pretty cool to leave peaking on with AF, and then just drop down to the quick shift ring if needed.

I'm liking it more and more. With the heft of the FA heavyish metal lenses you can take the weight in your left hand easily whilst adjusting stuff with the right and it feels really well balanced. I feel that I'm developing claw fingers with both my EP3 and more especially the Fuji X100. I don't mind that people think it's ugly, I'm behind the camera not looking at it and anyone looking at it would probably only pass it a cursory glance ;) I actually dropped the EP3 with the PL25mm on it from about a foot in height as it was front heavy. No damage to either fortunately but it made a dent in our wooden floor :(

This is so lovely and sharp. I need a wider lens but can't decide between the 15 and the 21.

I didn't really consider the 21mm, because I wanted something wider, similar in FoV to what I was seeing on my Oly 12mm. I really enjoy the 15mm... the whole frame is sharp when stopped down (where I normally have it set anyway) and the colors and contrast really are great to my eyes. I even like the built in lens hood.

Back