Fuji Missing my X100S - got the XF23 f2 today!

Ramirez

Regular
In my big trade towards XT-2 I had to give up my X100S.
I´m a hybrid shooter so I needed the better video and XT-2 is really the reason that made it possible to return home to Fuji :)

But, I've lived daily with X100S and that field of view; 35mm is really that frame that I see naturally. I´ve learned to instantly know without even looking through the camera what a good 35mm frame is; thanks to X100S.

With X-T2 I got XF18-55 f2.8-4 and XF35 f2. I need those lenses. When I traded they didn't have the XF23 f2 in stock, so I ordered it later on. Today I got it in the mail :)

I will not buy X100F as I will now put my money towards the lenses so I can later upgrade the digital body whenever they make drastic progress.

I now have my daily camera back! But in the combination of XT-2 and XF23 f2. A little bulkier but I got now daily good video and a better photographic tool. I can live with the slight size compromise :)

Just an update (had to wait to use it as I waited on a filter - I don't dare to use lenses without protection as I´ve seen damage before):

Just mounted the 23 to my X-T2. Wow, I can "see" again! It is a fact: the sharpest and best lenses aren't the most important ones - it is the lens that you spontaneously know, the lens that matches your eyes and your heart. That lens is the dream lens and the 23 is the one for me.

Back