Mixed feelings.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
I made a promise to not give in to GAS for the whole of 2013. I even said it out loud to my lovely wife. First 6 months were OK or at least until Fuji released the X-E1. Then I saw a refurb (ex display stock) with 18-55 for $999 and I caved in. (Maybe I meant Financial year!)

Did the right thing and got "permission" from the wife before going ahead. Will sell the X100 which is highly accessorised so the damage to the hip pocket will be minimal.

Hurry up Star Track Express - I need to feel it in my hands.

Am also tempted to quit my micro 4/3 kit (GH2 and 5 lenses) and buy more of that lovely Fujinon glass.

I made the same promise with all good intentions of keeping it, though I didn't say it to my wife. Since then, I got a whole rack of cameras and lenses, the X-E1 being one of them. The fact that you waited for such a great deal exonerates you from any guilt as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the X-E1!

Bill, I'm a Fuji lover through and through. But don't do anything rash regarding your m43 kit. Really think it through. Think about how and why you might choose to use your different cameras. I just find the versatility of the m43 to be too great. That's not to say that one couldn't be totally satisfied with a Fuji and a couple lenses. But for me, as much as I love the Fuji interface and output, I end up using the m43 more for it's variety of lenses.

Congrats on the new kit!

Bill, it sounds as though you made a fine decision and your wonderful wife concurred.:D Congrats on the XE-1!

I'd thought about selling my X100 and X10 and figured - what the heck, I like them and these days I don't think I could recoup much...so I threw away the boxes, which actually felt pretty good. Who knows what the future holds!

I would probably recommend using your new camera first before making any other decisions, but if you like the X-E1 and your GH2 starts to sit idle then sell and use the proceeds to take your new X-E1 someplace nice and photogenic :)

The 55-200 is a sweet sweet lens and Fuji just seems to have the best mirrorless combo of really good lenses with a great sensor. Also, knowing that they're committed to more lens offerings makes it hard for me to switch away...which I seem to do about once every 6 months max. The 55-200mm is really a good lens!

I made a promise to not give in to GAS for the whole of 2013. I even said it out loud to my lovely wife. First 6 months were OK or at least until Fuji released the X-E1. Then I saw a refurb (ex display stock) with 18-55 for $999 and I caved in. (Maybe I meant Financial year!)

Did the right thing and got "permission" from the wife before going ahead. Will sell the X100 which is highly accessorised so the damage to the hip pocket will be minimal.

Hurry up Star Track Express - I need to feel it in my hands.

Am also tempted to quit my micro 4/3 kit (GH2 and 5 lenses) and buy more of that lovely Fujinon glass.

Don't need lenses but that GH2 body might tempt me, lol.

I feel a bit lonely here with only one camera brand. So the more you sell the happier I will be. Haha. Just kidding.
Have fun with the x-e1!
Peter

The camera arrived today but we were babysitting for youngest daughter then had tea (dinner) at eldest daughter so will pick it up tomorrow.

Luke will sit with the mu-43 kit a little longer but the Fuji glass is calling me.

Back