Leica MM/Noctilux - Window Fashion Display

D

dalethorn

I was impressed by how the globes seemed to float in space, and by the imagination of the person who put this together (it no longer exists). I discussed this with them and they were grateful for the publicity, and they reminded me of an upcoming competition among local stores for best window display.

Bw_Charleston_Downtown07_s.jpg

The detail of the dress came through beautifully. I find that images from the Monochrom seem to exhibit more of a 3-D quality than any other camera I have. My daughter agrees with this, remarked that you can look into the image.

Did you give copy of the photograph to the designer?

I talked to the people next day - the store manager and also the person who designed the display. They have access to the original, but I could see a couple of things from our discussion - they're developing new window displays with a frenzy of sorts, even participating in a competition with other fashion stores. And they like the idea of promoting their store with "Art" images like mine, although when accompanied by name and location of store, that would best be on sites that are likely to attract interest in the store. So they have the 411 on that.

It sounds like they would like you to come back and take some more photographs of their new displays. It would be a lot easier to photograph inside the showroom window than through the glass. You enjoy it, sounds like it could be fun.