Leica Moments In Monochrome

Checkm8

Rookie
Just wanted to share some images taken with my Leica M246/Summicron 35mm combination. Not sure if I'm breaking any thread rules (photo limits per day), so please let me know.

I ❤️ Monochrome!

Walkway.jpg
PP1.jpg
Davenport Rails.jpg
HalfMoonSunset.jpg
ZenTree.jpg
Shipyard.jpg
Stranded.jpg

Yes, Posting limits: We require new users to post at least Seven images on the day that they join... More if they so wish.

Thankyou for posting these- my original M Monochrom is in for a Sensor replacement and I am going through withdrawal!

The 50/2 is going to seem like a Telephoto for you for a while!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much!

I posted these in effort to illustrate my particular style to this forum, hoping to recruit any further recommendation/information toward my consideration of purchasing the "esteemed" 50mm APO Summicron. Quite the $$$ upgrade, but willing if it's truly THAT nice. Never shot 50mm. A dramatic adjustment from 35 to 50mm? Thoughts?

Please, any input from this forum will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Superb B/W shots!

35mm to 50mm is a big difference. If you have an APS-C camera, get an M adapter for that camera to try your M 35mm lens on that camera. That will have the same field of view as the 50mm on M. Scenes and portraits have to be shot further away ...

I don't have the APO, so I hope someone else can comment on it.

Thank you very much!

I posted these in effort to illustrate my particular style to this forum, hoping to recruit any further recommendation/information toward my consideration of purchasing the "esteemed" 50mm APO Summicron. Quite the $$$ upgrade, but willing if it's truly THAT nice. Never shot 50mm. A dramatic adjustment from 35 to 50mm? Thoughts?

Please, any input from this forum will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

These images certainly illustrate your style- and a 50mm lens is going to change the perspective quite a bit.

I would suggest trying out a less expensive 50mm lens to see if the field of view of a 50 is something that you like, or want to add to the 35mm way of seeing things.

If you find yourself cropping images- then changing to the 50 would have been better. If you find yourself moving in closer to get shots, the 50 makes sense.

BUT- if these images define your style: the 50 will mean a different style of shooting. Sometimes change is good. Getting a less expensive 50 to explore it might make sense.

I would suggest trying out a less expensive 50mm lens to see if the field of view of a 50 is something that you like, or want to add to the 35mm way of seeing things.

I was thinking exactly he same!
I'm actually not familiar with the focal length 35mm in genuine rangefinder mount(s) [but I use the 21…25mm range, usually adapted SLR-lenses, quite often], hence I wasn't prepared to be the first one to say that ;)

Back