Fuji Moody at the Viewpoint

Iansky

All-Pro
I headed out to one of our local viewpoints at the weekend and took the X-Pro1 and lenses.
It was very windy and rain was coming and going and I was determined to grab some photos.
I used the 56mm to grab the distant light rays breaking through the dark the switched to the 18mm for some shots of the sky rushing across the valley toward where I was.
Sorry - it is image heavy but I wanted to show the changing light.

Viwpoint 1.jpg
Viwpoint 2.jpg
Viwpoint 3.jpg
Viwpoint 4.jpg
Viewpoint 5.jpg
Viewpoint 6.jpg
Viewpoint 7.jpg

Thanks Paul,

It is a well known beauty spot / viewpoint overlooking Gloucester to the Hereford hills in the background, it is a superb place for weather photos as the hills make the changes dramatic and continuous.

Thanks Paul,

It is a well known beauty spot / viewpoint overlooking Gloucester to the Hereford hills in the background, it is a superb place for weather photos as the hills make the changes dramatic and continuous.

I go to Gloucester a couple of times a month on business (Brockworth) and have been told to go have a look at a viewpoint near a place called Birdlip. Anywhere near there? Nice part of the world and I might have to do a leisure trip one weekend....

It is the Birdlip viewpoint and it offers great views across the valley and is a great place to capture those strange weather conditions, you can walk along the headland and get good views of Cheltenham and across to the Malvern Hills.

It is the Birdlip viewpoint and it offers great views across the valley and is a great place to capture those strange weather conditions, you can walk along the headland and get good views of Cheltenham and across to the Malvern Hills.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm over there early next week and, if I get finished with enough time to catch the dusk, I'll have a wander up to Birdlip to see if I can get a couple of shots.

Beautiful images. I love moody cloudscapes and you have captured them very well. I pass there quite a lot when working down south.

This may not be normal but when my wife and I were there doing light trails of the A40 one evening from the car park there, we were asked by a guy when we were going to start having sex. We left pretty quickly. As I say, that may just have been a one-off.

Unfortunately it was notorious for alternative activity at night but I believe this has now ceased, the Police were in evidence on a few times I have been there and when I was photographing some vintage motorbikes I was chatting with them and they were saying the issues now tend to be youngsters drinking / playing loud music and smoking "things".
I have not seen this during the day and I do not go there in the evenings/night - I quite often walk along the headland as you can get good views across to the Malvern Hills and Cheltenham.
A great venue for capturing inclement weather as the surrounding hills push it into the valley area and it travels fast and changes often - the views are also stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back